39. Kai

{ Eun Byul's P.O.V }

Putting my shoes on, I opened the front door only to find mum standing there with some people.

"Eun Byul? Where are you off to at this time?" Mum asked as she gave me a narrow eyed look.

"Umm... library?" I said, looking around to not meet mum's eyes.

"Haha, please pardon my daughter. You know she's such a studyholic. Please come in and make yourselves at home," Mum said as she stepped inside before coming closer to my ear, "These are very important guest from my work. No going out now. Stay at home and be a good girl." she whispered in my ear.

"But mum-" I said but was cut off by mum.

"Please come in." She said to the guests, and as they stepped in, I realized that there was not a hoard of people but just a young lady and a guy.

But I was gonna go to Tae's house and ask him about why he called me 'Lee Eun Byul' instead of 'Lee Eun Bi'.

Well, now I have to wait for tomorrow and ask him at school.

Mum led them to the living room before heading inside the kitchen, "Eun Byul, honey, can you please come in here?"

Groaning in frustration, I dragged my feet inside the kitchen, "Mum, I've to go out." I whined to mum.

"I'm really sorry, Eun Byul," she said before coming towards me and pulling my ear, "Is that what you'd thought I'd say? Look at the time. No good girl heads out at this time. And you know the guests sitting in there? They're my boss's wife and son. Now, go in there and keep them company," she said sternly and I had no choice but to obey because she rarely gets serious or angry and when she does, it means important business.

Sighing, I wore a smile before walking into the living room.

"Good evening." I bowed to them.

"Oh my, what a nice girl. I've heard from Ms. Jeong about you two sisters. I'm sorry to ask but which one are you?" she asked, trying to be as polite as she could but for some reason that sentence kind of made me angry.

'Which one are you?'

Shouldn't you ask something like, 'What's your name?'

"I'm Lee Eun Byul, the older sister." I said with a smile.

"It's very nice to meet you, Eun Byul! I'm Cheong and this is my son, Kai."

SON?!!!

THAT GUY IS HER SON?!

But she looks so young!

"He's your son? But you look so young, ma'am. I thought he was your younger brother." I said in shock with my eyes wide.

"Hohoho," she laughed, placing her hand on her mouth, "What a sweet kid, isn't she, Kai?" she said, hitting her son tightly on his back in excitement.

I think I earned you some points, mum.

Looking at her son, I was shocked to see him devastated. His head was hanging low and a gloomy aura was surrounding him.

"Umm... Is your son okay?"

"Don't worry. He has a beauty complexion from me," Ms. Cheong said, smirking, "Now now, Kai. My brother-looking son, let's not be all gloomy."

She's pure evil!

"My sister-looking mum, stop being childish," he said, finally lifting up his head and glaring at her mum with her glaring back.

"I'm not being childish, son. You shouldn't talk to me like that." Ms. Cheong said with gritted teeth and a forceful smile.