The day before

It's 7:30 pm, I'm sitting in the garden next to the pool with Dolly, Sophie and Clyde surrounding me I'm reading "The girl on the train" for the third time, never getting tired of it.

The last rays of the sun are shining on my face as I silently enjoy my book. Suddenly a noise disturbs me. My phone. As soon as I see the name on it , I'm filled with pure joy cause it's Andrea my best friend since we're like 14.

Jen: Dreaaaaaaaa!

Andrea: Hey honey how are you? Oh my god I missed you so much

Jen: me too honey! Are you in town? Please tell me you're in town Drea...

Andre: Yes I aaaam! Actually, I'm not that far from your house. Are you there?

Jen: Sure! come over I'll make some margaritas and Nachos!

Andrea:Ohhh the contrary would have surprised me Jen

Jen: ahahahah Yeaaah get in here girl!

Jen hangs up. She takes her book and goes into her house. As she is getting the vodka and lemon done, she calls her dogs to feed them, give them  kisses and gets in the shower.

As soon as she's done she hears the bell. She opens the door and sees Andrea standing in front of her, with a huge smile on her lips and arms ready to hug her. She smiles at her too and hugs her. She feels happy and good in her best friend's arms, one of the only people with whom she feels safe, the one she trusts, her soulmate as they like to call each other.

Jen: I missed you so much honey, come on let's get in

Andrea: Yep

Jen: so tell me...what's up with you?

Andrea: Well...

They spend the whole evening discussing everything and nothing, laughing a lot but their main subject is tomorrow's Oscars ceremony. It's almost midnight so Andrea leaves Jen's house. As she feels tired Jen goes to bed worrying about how her dress will be like, and if the "ratzis" as she likes to call them will ask her all these weird questions about her relationship with Justin.