Baby Struggles

It's been 30 minutes I'm at the office waiting for the editors with Reese and I can't say I'm feeling that well. " It's the second time this week that they are late! We're gonna need to talk about that cause I'm fed up..." I start to get upset as I just want to be in my bed sleeping instead of waiting on people who obviously don't care. Reese tries to calm me down as she knows how upset I can get. " Don't worry I'll handle that Jen, it's crazy twice a week..."

" I really don't get it, and I have a doctors appointment in 2 hours... of course I'm going to be late" Fed up I decide to go get some tea, but I see our two editors enter in the conference room. "Hi we're so sorry our other movie kept us longer than thought" Reese gives them a killer looks as I sit back on my seat. I handle myself to not scream or go crazy.

" You know guys... I don't really care, it's been twice this week and we're late on the editing. You have to find a solution whatever it is but you can't be late A-NY-MORE! This is not professional at all. Or if you have to much things to do I'll ask Jane to send other editors, because I can't afford to be late on the editing of this show."

 "We're really sorry. It won't happen again." "It better not, now where did we stop....last time" I pause as I feel nauseous again. Reese looks at me to check if I'm okay then I tell her I'm fine. " So the episodes 4 and 5 had a problem on the sound effects so we changed that..." "Excuse me..." I get up and quickly go to the bathroom as I can't handle it anymore. Reese joins me to check on me. " Oh sweetie I know it sucks but it's for the best..."

"I swear Reese I'm exhausted, I throw up every day and I'm 4 months pregnant...it should be over by now...ugh" " Poor you, do you need some water?..." She helps me get up as I'm really exhausted then takes me to my office before going back to the meeting. I decided to call Brad as I don't think I'll be able to drive to the doctors.
" Honey...could you come to pick me up at the office?"
"Sure is everything alright?"
"Yeah...I keep throwing up so, can't drive to my appointment"

" Gosh okay, I'm on my way then..."

He picks me up 15 minutes late,  then on our way there I throw up again in a paper bag. We finally get there, he helps me with my bag then we wait for the doctor. "Hi Jen!"        
" Hi doctor, this is the munchkin's dad, Brad"
" Hi nice to meet you" She lets us in her office for the checkup. "Well you don't really look good Jen, do you keep throwing up?" " I threw up twice today and it's on a daily basis...I don't get it, it's supposed to be over by now right?" I sigh as I'm about to burst into tears. Brad takes my hand and kisses it, letting me know he's there for me and everything is going to be fine.
" I'm just so exhausted...I don't sleep because I keep throwing up" He looks really affected as he sees I'm really suffering and kisses me without saying a word. Dr. Wholman stands up to check me.
" I know Jennifer,  some women have more struggles at the beginning...but you have pale skin and you looked dehydrated...I'm going to check on your weight," She asks me to get on the scale. " Jen, you have lost 2 kilos and a half in just two weeks. This is not good for you, nor your baby. You're already throwing up a lot so you need to rest." " I know...but I've got some meetings left that I really need to do and a show..."

"Jen, till now your baby and yourself are the priorities so I'm going to keep you home for a week, to check on your weight stability, no work, no stress just sleep and eat." "But...ugh"
"She hates when she does nothing but don't worry I'll take care of her for that."
"Good because if at the end of the week you keep loosing weight, you will need to stay at the hospital so we can check on you daily .You're going to be fine Jen, I just want you to sleep and satay at home."

" Okay, I get it... I want my munchkin to be in good health so I'm going to do that. Oh can I do yoga?" "Yeah you can but not this week. I really need you to get rest. Here some natural vitamins I want you to take for you and the baby...Okay now let's see this bunny."

She gets me on the bed then turns on the ultrasound. " Woow it's bigger than last time..." "Yeah they grow really quickly at this stage." Brad who's next to me holds my hand. I love the way he looks at the baby, as if it was his first, the way he makes everything look so special. " Can you see the sex?" "Hum...sure you want to know?" " No no not yet, we'll throw a shower so you'll tell to a friend of ours."
" Since when are we throwing a shower ?"
" Hey, my uterus, my shower...you've got six let me enjoy my only one okay?"
" hahaha anything you want we'll do. You're carrying my child so you deserve whatever you want..."

" That's actually true haha...Well your baby is in good health that's great, so now I'm going to take care of you. No activity for the whole week and vitamins."
" Okay...thank you Doctor" I get up with Brad then we get in the car. "See, you work too much honey... "
" Well yeah because I have so many things to do and I don't want to do nothing!...it's okay I'll sleep....and hopefully stop throwing up every fucking day....I'm sorry, sorry I'm just so tired....ugh"
"I know, when we get home you're gonna take a bath and I'll cook for you..."
"Boy... she said I need to sleep, not die of poison food" He kicks me gently with his fist.
" hahaha fuck off, I can cook" "
"Yeah...I'm not so sure mister hahaha"