The relief

Jen: Well...First of all, I'm so glad that after all that time you finally understand certain things about how all this ended up. I guess you were overtaken with your new family and you didn't mind what was behind. I'm so sorry that you had to figure it out that way tho... I mean the way you guys' divorce was handle was so heartbreaking and having kids in the middle of that... I felt really really bad for you.

Brad: Yeah... I mean I didn't know that part of her and it's just terrifying when you think you're with someone you know and realize you don't know that person at all. But let's get back to you.

Jen: Yeah, second of all, you know... it's true I had a lot of pain and anger but I faced all those, and I turned the page for more than ten years now... I got married and I was truly great. Now you don't know how much it means to me what you said. I think that even if I've turned the page, it's a relief, a huge relief for the two of us. And if this marriage didn't work it's because of the two of us Brad. I loved you,and there are so many things I would've done differently too... You can't even imagine. I don't want you ever to think that you were the unique reason for what happened to us okay? We both fucked up and caused pain to the two of us even if well... I was still crazy in love with you. But at the end of the day, I was truly happy for you, for what you achieved, for the great family you have, those beautiful children... I mean look at them...You know...

Brad: Yeah maybe you are right...

Jen: Of course I am... I think we can definitely move on now ... don't you?

Brad: Yeah of course...You know you were my best friend and I've always been sad for the friendship we lost with everything.

Jen: I know...I miss it too sometimes. But you know, I think we're now strangers for each other cause we changed a lot. And I would love to discover the new Brad.

Brad: Of course I would love our friendship to be back...We should go have lunch or a diner sometimes. We can do it at home one day if you don't want us to appear in public you know...

Jen: I'll love to ... you know I don't care what the internet says really. We know our truth right?.

Brad: Yeah I don't mind either.

Jen: So we'll text to set a diner if it's fine for you...

Brad: Absolutely Jen I'll love that. So see you later then...

Jen: Yeah later, and Brad thank you again...

Brad: And thank you, Jen. Bye

Jen: Bye

Jen's POV :

She couldn't believe what had just happened. She just had the conversation she was waiting for so long, and she was feeling relieved. For her, it seemed to be the beginning of a friendship, a friendship she missed during all these years. She puts her phone down and decides to turn on some music. The first music that turns on is "With or Without You" from U2. Jen is surprised and laughs. In her head, she thinks what a coincidence since it was one of her favorite songs back when they were together. So she seats on her couch and she is singing the song, she goes back into her memories, the memories of the 90's. Then her phone rings again, it's Jen Meyer calling.

Jen: Honey...!

Jen M: Hey MAMA... so how was yesterday?! 

Jen: OOOOOh it was awesome really we had so much fun, Jen, as I came back home around 3 a.m or something like that ...

Jen M: awesome I'm so sad I wasn't in L.A...

Jen: Yeaaah...By the way the jewels Jennifer... Oh my god, they were amazing...just beautiful! I mean...WOW

Jen M: Aaaaw I'm happy you liked them...It's great! You enjoyed the night!

Jen: I did...By the way, you'll never believe how my night began and what happened today...like NEVER...

Jen M: Tell me! 

Jen: Well you know yesterday Brad was at the Oscars...

Jen M: OH GOD Jen 

As Jen M and Jen start to laugh, she says 

Jen: Wait for it...Well, he came to talk to me, you know "how r u" and stuff...

Jen M: Uh Uh 

Jen: And then this afternoon he called me basically to apologize...

Jen M: apologies? what for?

Jen: For everything that happened when we were married, things he said and did... he was like "I'm sorry cause I know I wasn't there for you mentally, and didn't want to make up things with you...I was a bad husband and now I realized that you were not the problem, I was...And... I swear there are so many things I would've done differently...

Jen M: Wooooooow... I mean it's great, isn't it?

Jen:  Yeah, Of course, it's great, are you kidding? It's awesome

Jen M: And of course you cried...

Jen: Me not cry? I mean... Of course, I cried.

Jen M: I think it's just awesome cause now like you might be friends and you know...it's great 

Jen: Yeah I feel like... I think it's a relief for both of us you know what I mean?  

Jen M: Yeah totally...Ruby stop it!!! Jen, I'm gonna call you back...

Jen: Okay sweetie