The Dinner

It's 6 a.m in the morning, Jen wakes up with a surprising joy that she doesn't understand herself.   She gives herself 10 minutes for some cuddles with her baby-doggies than she goes in her private gym and does thirty minutes of pilates before having a good breakfast. She takes her shower, puts on a nice summer dress with sandals. She gets in her kitchen, takes two bottles of Smartwater, takes the keys to her Range Rover and leaves for the studio.

During all day, Jen does mistakes and is distracted but thankfully she doesn't say Brad's name. At 6 p.m, she gets back home to get ready for her date...uh Diner. It takes her an hour and a half to finally choose her clothes and shoes."Why am I that excited? OMG... I'm not dating him and I don't love him. No, I don't he is just a friend!" While she is trying to convince herself, her phone rings, and it's Brad. Jen's heart starts racing af and she quickly responds.

Brad: Hey Jen!

Jen: Hey! We're still going to dinner right?

Brad: Oh sure, of course, I just wanted to tell you that I'm on my way.

Jen: Oh okay I'm also taking off.

Brad: Alright see you there...

Jen: Yep

Jen is now on her way. The closer she gets to the restaurant, the faster her heart beats. She is eager to arrive and wonders how this evening is going to be. Jen finally arrives at the restaurant. She goes into the restaurant, but barely she has presented herself that the waiter knows immediately why and for who she is here and takes her to her table. She sees Brad who is smiling at her when she smiles back. When she arrives at the table, Brad gets up, kisses her(not on her lips) and pulls the chair for her.

"wow" Jen is really surprised by Brad's gallantry and smiles

Brad: What makes you smile?

Jen: Your gallantry aha

Brad: Come on Jen I was gallant

Jen: Yeah yeah ahah... So how are you?

Brad keeps staring at her and doesn't listen to what she is saying

Jen: Brad... You here?

Brad: yeah sorry it's just... forget about it

Jen: Are you sure? You feel okay?

Brad: Yeah it's just amazing I was thinking about last time we had dinner like that...

Jen: Oh that was a hundred years ago ahahah

Brad: I know but I actually missed it.

Jen: yeah me too it feels weird haha

Brad: Don't you wanna be here? I mean I will understand you know...

Jen: Hey hey don't say that I'm really happy to be here with you. If I didn't want to, you know I would've not come.

Brad: Yeah and it's not a date anyway

Jen: Exactly... do you still remember our first date?

Brad: Are you kidding, of course, I do

Jen: Naaah I don't believe you ahaha

Brad: Oh you want me to tell you about it?

Jen: okay...

Jen and Brad spend all the night laughing and talking about their life when they were together, their life after the divorce, friends,  and projects...and even his kids!

Brad: It'll be cool if one day you come over at home and see the kids. They will love you and actually they've been a little bit curious about you.

Jen: Really they know who I am?

Brad: Of course, they know dad was married before meeting mom. Sometimes they were asking questions about it you know...

Jen: What? What kind of questions?