The Oscars part 1

The most important day in Hollywood has come! Jen is now in her dressing room preparing herself with one of her best friends Chris Macmillan who is also her hairdresser. Jen and Chris listen to music and talk while he is finishing her hair, then the time to get dress arrives.

Chris: Look at you, you're stunning honey!

Jen laughs as she responds to Chris

Jen: Well thank you, honey but it's all you, you know...

Chris: Yeah I'm such a good hairdresser. Now go and show me that beautiful dress on you ...and hurry you gonna be late! A queen has to always be on time. 

Jen: ahahah! Okay okay, I'm getting ready jeez...

Jen goes into her room. On her bed, a beautiful Versace dress made just for her is laid right next to 3 pieces of gold and diamond jewels made by her friend Jennifer Meyer. Jen amazed by the dress, stops for a minute just to admire it, then she rushes to get ready. 30 minutes later, she is finally ready and goes in the living room. When Chris sees her, he is stunned. He is impressed by the beauty of his friend and feels proud. 

Chris: Wooooow Jen you are breathtaking... really it's just...you...WOW!

Jen: awww thank you, baby. You really think it's okay?

Chris: Dear god Jen the dress looks as if it was made on you! You are gorgeous! Now where are the shoes? 

Jen: yeah the shoes oh my god! 

She quickly returns to her dressing room, takes her shoes and returns in the living room.

Chris: oooow bloody shoes!

Jen: ahah yeah! Okay now, I better be going! bye honey, wish me luck! 

Chris: Bye babe! kill that red carpet!

Jen kisses him and leaves.

When the driver parks in front of the entrance, Jen is overwhelmed by a brief anxiety that she always had before a red carpet.  As the flashing lights of the paparazzi are coming from everywhere, she hears all the fans who are screaming. So she takes a deep breath and opens the door of the car. As she sets her foot, a wave of howling fans welcomes her. After posing, she joins her seat in the theatre. Jen sits between Meryl Streep and Kate Winslet with whom she starts to discuss till her attention goes to someone else. She is not sure if it's the person she is thinking about but when the man returns himself she sees him. It's Brad. She doesn't really know how to react as she hasn't seen him in years and since they both got divorced. She is not sure if she wants to say hi, scared that things get awkward between them; but she doesn't even have the time to think about it that she sees him coming. She is not sure if he is coming to talk to her or to Meryl or Kate as he hasn't noticed that she was there. Brad bends down to kiss Meryl and Kate and sees Jennifer right next to them. He smiles as soon as they look at each other and bends to kiss her.

Brad: Heeey Jen!

Jen: Hey you! How are you? ... 

Jen who was anxious about that meeting was now totally relaxed as she knows that Brad and she are fine. She is actually really happy to see him.

Brad: I'm doing great really great thanks. 

Jen: Great! How about your kids? God, they must be all big already.

Brad: They are doing well, yeah I have all teenagers now like the twins are already 11 so...

Jen: Gosh, time flies ...

Brad: Yeah I know... we're old now!

Jen: I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not old.

He laughs and remembers how Jen had always been a funny person when they were together. Jen is now looking at him, while some memories from her marriage with Brad come back to her mind. She remembers how they used to laugh for hours in their garden with some cigarettes and her good glass of wine and Brad with his Scotch. She feels awkward and wants to take all of this out of her mind. She knows this will bring up things she doesn't want to pull out. She needs to end the conversation before getting emotional about some things.

Jen: Well it was good to see you really Brad!

Brad remembers that his relationship with Jen cannot be as he wants since they have a huge story. They are not together anymore. They're not even friends anymore. He understands that she is his ex-wife and she maybe doesn't want them to have a too close relationship so he leaves.

Brad:  It was a pleasure, Jen ... Enjoy the night bye.

Jen: Yeah you too.