The surprising moment

Jen's POV

Brad is smiling, as we are getting closer from each other. He's smiling and I'm smiling too.

Jen: You know... we shouldn't...

I don't have the time to finish my sentence that Brad pulls me closer and then kisses me. I'm like frozen right away but then I respond to his kiss. It was so soft and gentle, he grabbed me and I could feel his tongue in my mouth. What I was feeling was so confusing . So many memories were coming back in my mind, I was emotional and tears were falling on my cheeks. Brad takes my face and looks at me without saying a word and then takes me in his arms. The fact that he didn't say one thing was so special, we knew that it wasn't necessary.

Jen: Brad... we really shouldn't... it's not supposed to be like that.

Brad: What is not supposed to be like that?

Jen: You... Us...

As tears were falling harder on my cheeks, I couldn't handle it anymore and decided to leave.

Jen: Okay I gotta go ...

Brad: Jen...

Jen: Noo Brad... please don't ...bye...

I was in my car on my way to the house. I was still crying and I couldn't understand why I was that emotional about him. I refuse to have any of these feelings.

Brad's POV

I didn't know why I kissed her as I'm causing her so much pain. I felt bad but I didn't know if I had to call or just leave her alone. I didn't know why I was that concern... Do I still have feelings for her? Did I just miss her? I was really confused. As I was going back inside, my phone started ringing, it's Shiloh.

Brad: hello princess

Shi:Ugh... Daaaaad you know I hate that!

Brad: I know baby aha ... sorry

Shi: Where are you?

Brad: I'm on my way to the house why?

Shi: Well we wanted to see you cause we miss ya...

Brad: Ooow my babies...

Shi: Can you come and take us? We're not doing anything, mom is working and the boys went out with their friends.

Brad: Well did you ask mom?

Shi: Noo

Brad: Okay let me text her and if she's okay with it I'll come take you guys in the afternoon.

Shi: No dad why in the afternoon? Pleaaase

Brad: Cause I'm tired and I need to sleep, plus mom has to respond first.

Shi: Okay so call her now, please daddy

Brad: I will honey don't worry.

Shi: Okay love you.

Brad: love you too babe see you later

Shi: okay...

I hang up the phone and I'm now at home. I just couldn't stop thinking about Jen and how she left so sad so I decided to call.

Jen: hey...

Brad: hey... are you okay? I'm so sorry about what happened.

Jen: yeah... no, it's fine don't worry about it.

Brad: I don't think it is Jen. You said US is not right...

Jen: Well YEAH cause we're divorced and have different lives now.

Brad: Yeah but does it mean that we can't be friends? I mean all these years I couldn't be your friend because of how we ended it up and because of how people transformed our relationship into something so toxic even if it wasn't true. I lo..I like you really and you know I miss you but if it's not what you want I'll understand Jen.

Brad was so calm and friendly when he was talking. He was really sad cause every single word he was saying was totally true. He was missing Jen and never realized it.

Jen: Brad, of course I miss our friendship! I miss spending time with you! I miss laughing with you! Last night was amazing... And we kissed... we kissed and it brought up THINGS! FEELINGS! Feelings I'm not supposed to have anymore and I'm scared... I'm scared to death cause I don't understand how it's possible that after all these years you still have that effect on me! So NO BRAD it's not that I don't want to be your friend! I'm just scared cause I might want to be more than your friend and that...it's just... I just don't get it.

Brad: I... I'm sorry. I really am Jen. I did it cause it just felt...normal. It was just like if nothing had changed. The dinner? God, it was amazing, it was like if we were back in the 2000's. I was feeling good, you made me feel good... I just am sorry.

Jen was confused about all the feelings she was feeling. She was feeling the same way as Brad. It was normal. But why was it? It should've not.

Jen: No don't be sorry, come on I didn't push you back right? so we're both guilty for that ... Well, I'm really tired so I'm gonna take off to bed and hum... I guess we'll talk later right?

Brad: yeah sure... take care

Jen: You too Brad, bye