The trip

Jen's POV

It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon, Brad and I are in the garden with the kids who are playing in the pool with Clyde and Sophie. Everything is so perfect. I'm at a stage of my life where I'm happy and in peace with myself. I have a great job, amazing friends, and a lovely partner with his kids. As I'm thinking about many things, I don't realize that Brad is starring at me. He then approaches me to see if I'm okay.

"Babe...Are you okay?"

"Uh?"

"Are you fine? Where were you?"

"Oh yeah, yeah...I'm just thinking about how my life has changed in less than a year, and how everything is so peaceful and great!"

"Yeah, we're doing pretty amazing! Everything is..."

"perfect?"

"Yep...When I look at them when I look at you... I know I'm in my happy place."

Brad lays next to me, then pulls me closer to him before kissing me on the forehead. I kiss him back then we turn back to the kids who are still playing in the garden. The kids are running the with the dogs all completely wet. "Guys don't go inside you're all wet! Let me go take your towels" I go to the kid's room then bring back 6 towels and one for the dogs. I give a towel to everyone then I clean up the girls before sending them to the shower. While evryone is having a shower, the chief is making the dinner. About an hour later everybody is at the table.

Brad: So guys, I was thinking we could go on a trip!

Jen: Really?

Maddox: Really??!

Brad: (laughs) Yeah, I was thinking we could go somwhere for like a week or two. And since Jen wanted to visit a little more the world, I thought we could take her to Thaïland and then Vietnam!

Jen: wooooooooow!

Shi: This is so coool!!

Knox: Yeah!

Brad: So we'll spend a week in Phucket and another week in Vietnam...

Jen: This is going to be amazing! Thanks honey...

I get up from my chair to go sit on him, then I give him a tender kiss.

Viv: Eeeeew!

Brad: hahaha

Jen: ahaha so when are we leaving?

Brad: We should be gone by next monday ! I'm planning everything, telling it to Angie, and it's done. I've already made the reservations.

Jen: Oh my god, I can't wait, it's going to be lovely right guys?

Kids: Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad's POV

Actually, I've been planning to do this since last month, and I wanted everything to be ready before telling it to Jen and the kids. And I know she always said that she wanted to visit Asia and Africa so it was the right time to do it. There's nothing that makes me more happy then when I look at Jen's smile. She looks so excited, that she makes me want to go even more. The kids are now in their rooms doing... whatever they are doing.

Jen: Baby..., what you're planning is amazing, it is really sweet of you. Thank you....

Brad: That's nothing baby...and I've been wanting to travel with you for a long time now...So I prepared everything before telling you.

Jen: Thank you...I love you

Brad: I love you too. Come on let's go to bed...

Jen: But you didn't even eat you dessert baby!

I carefully check if the kids are not around, then I lift her up, put her legs around my waist then take her to our bedroom.

Brad: You ARE my dessert tonight baby...

Jen: hahaha

I put her on the bed then I lock the door. I put on some music then I start a little strip-tease to make her laugh.

Jen: AHAHAHA woooo! go baby!

We spend the night laughing then of course we have one of the best sex ever.

THE NEXT MORNING

JEN's POV

I turn on the side of the bed, Brad is facing me. I can feel his breath, he looks so peaceful, then I kiss him before getting up. I get in the bathroom, brush my teeths then I go in the kitchen where Zahara and Maddox are already eating.

Jen: Morning guys!

Mad: Mornig Jen

Zee: Morning JoJen!

Jen: OOOOOOOOH ! Who told you...your dad of course...

Zee: hahaha no it's Ellen!

Jen: aaaah not cool...what else did she tell you?

Zee: That you had a famous hair cut called the "Rachel" hahaha

Jen: Okay that's it, no more pool parties to Ellen and Portia...

Zee: hahaha but I think it's funny!

Mad: hahahah

Jen: yeah, yeah keep making fun of me...

I know Ellen likes making fun of me, so I'm not really mad at her. I'm talking with the kids so I don't hear Brad coming behind me. He squizes my back before shouting

Brad: BOO!

Jen: Ouch! God Brad!

Brad: hahahaha!!

Jen: You guys all decided to make fun of me?

Brad: haha No... Hey...I'm sorry baby.

He pulls me closer to him then kisses me.

Brad: Morning honey...

Jen: Morning...

Brad: Guys where are your brothers and sisters?

Mad: Still sleeping...

Brad: Please go wake them up, mom is coming in an hour to pick you up. I told her we're leaving next week so it's all fine.

Zee: Okay!

As the kids leave the kitchen, Jen starts cleaning the dishes but I can see that something's wrong.

Brad: Hey...what's going on?

Jen: uhm...I was wondering I was Angie's reaction about the trip.

Brad: She was really okay with it. Hey...Don't worry she is completly fine.

Jen:But you never took them for two weeks.

Brad: Yes, but I could, it is my right. I just didn't need to. Now I want to take them for two weeks and she understands it. You know sometimes she leaves for more than a month with them and I don't say anything so...

Jen: I guess you're right...I'm sorry

Brad: No need to be honey...actually I think it's really cute that you care that much about her feelings on things.

Jen: Oh you know it's just because of the kids. If there was no kid, I wouldn't give a shit about her feelings. But I can't imagine how hard it must be to share your kids with another woman.

Brad: Yeah I get it...

Jen: Anyway it's fine! We'll see them on monday.

Brad: Yep... I think she is here. Guys! Mom is here!

Message from the writer!

Hey guys I know this chapter might be a little weird. It is to me because I wasn't really inspired. But for the next chapters I have so many good ideas! I hope it isn't too bad for you though!