2: Who am I Tutoring?

The next day, I nervously head into class. Mrs. Simons emailed me after school that I will meet the person that I am supposed to be tutoring today.

What if I get a mean person? That would be horrible then, they would constantly make fun of me. I don't know if I will be able to do it without Ally by my side.

When I sit down in my seat, Ally can visibly see how shaken up I am about the while situation. She gets up and wraps her arms around me, "Hey, if it's too much, we can just tell Mrs. Simons no."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push you so much," Ally adds sitting back in her chair as Mrs. Simons walks in to start class.

"Thanks, but I want to be more confident, Ally. I want to be able to help someone else," I tell her.

Ally smiles widely in excitement, "That's the spirit. And don't worry; I will be there if you ever need me."

I face the front as the teacher starts passing back the exams we took last week. Mrs. Simons gives me a smile as she hands me mine. I did so well; I actually got the extra credit questions so now I'm passing 100.

Ally waves up her paper to show me she got an A too, "Maybe I should be tutoring too," she teases.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," yells Francis, the guy sitting in the front who made fun of me.

"Wow, you suck at chemistry, Francis," his friend snickers.

"Shut up, so do you," Francis retorts.

"At least I passed, you didn't since you got a D," adds his friend.

Ally and I immediately look at each other, "Oh no," we both say.

"I cannot tutor him, of all people," I tell Ally during the lecture.

"Maybe there is a mistake, maybe someone is worse than him in Chemistry?" Ally suggests.

"You heard his grade. He is failing, which is what Mrs. Simons said the student was doing," I whine banging my head down on the desk.

"Hey, Mrs. Simons knows how Francis likes to bully you, if you tell her you don't feel comfortable tutoring him, maybe she won't make you do it," Ally says.

"Okay, I'll tell her that. Hopefully it works. I do not want to spend extra time with that asshole," I say with an ounce of hope.

For once I couldn't concentrate at all in class; I was too preoccupied with the tutoring situation. I have to go up there and tell Mrs. Simons that I can't do it.

So, right as class ends I walk up to her without picking my things up. "Excuse me, Mrs. Simons, I don't know if ..." she cuts me off abruptly.

"I need to introduce you to the student you will be tutoring. Come with me," she says pushing me towards the desks.

We inch closer to Francis' desk and start cringing, but then she pushes me past him. She pushes me right in front of Ezra's desk.

"Ezra, here's the tutor I found for you. Avery is doing excellent in the class and I think she can really help you do better in the class," Mrs. Simons says while I stand there in complete shock.

I'm supposed to tutor her? Of all people, I have to tutor the most beautiful person in the whole school? How am I supposed to tutor her if I get so flustered even thinking about her?

"I'll just leave you two alone, so that you guys can make your tutoring arrangements," Mrs. Simons says before walking back to her desk.

"Hey there, love," Ezra says with a dashing smile that makes my heart go a hundred miles per second.

"Hi," I squeak out stupidly.

Ezra chuckles, "I take it you don't normally tutor people," she says.

"Nope," I say popping the p too loudly. God, I'm such an awkward dork.

Ezra smirks at me which is the hottest thing ever, "So, I work, but I'm free on Wednesdays and afternoons on the weekend. Can we meet up on Wednesday in the library after school for the first tutoring?"

"Yeah! That I can do, since I don't do anything other than go to school and study. I'm boring," I blurt out randomly. Oh god, what am I doing?

Ezra raises her eyebrow up in amusement, "Well, Wednesday it is." She grabs her bag and just before she passes me, she leans in to whisper, "Don't worry, love, I don't bite," and she walks out of the classroom.

"Well, that's a turn of events that I did not expect," Ally says laughing at how hard I am blushing now.

"Shut it, jerk," I sigh, "What am I going to do, Ally? I can barely talk to her. I sound like a goddamn flustered mess when I talk to her."

"That I have no idea how to fix that, but I will try coming up with something," Ally says trying to cheer me up.

"No, I'm good, you're plans aren't always the best," I tease her.

"My plans are always goddamn amazing," she retorts, "Anyway, this is good! Now you have a chance to ask Ezra out on a date."

"As if that would ever happen, I don't even know how I'm supposed to tutor her in chemistry, so I think going on a date with her is out of the question," I say.

"Hey! What did I say about self-deprecating talk?" Ally says in a stern voice.

I sigh, "It doesn't get you anywhere."

"That's right! We will figure it out, okay. Come on, let's go to lunch," Ally says pulling me out of the classroom.

"Are you ever not hungry?" I ask in amusement.

She gasps, "Never, my metabolism is so fast."