35: The Truth

Avery's view

After Ezra and I are done having fun all afternoon, we lay entangled in each other, naked on the bed. Ezra is caressing my cheek and I can't help but feel so happy. This moment is perfect.

"I love you so much," Ezra mumbles out making me smile wider.

"I love you too," I reply scooting closer to her and she wraps her arm around me.

I feel so comfortable and can't help but drift off to sleep peacefully. I guess Ezra falls asleep to because neither of us were prepared for what was about to happen next.

"AHH. My eyes!" my dad yells as he stands at my door refusing to look at Ezra and me.

Ezra and I jump from fright and I immediately wrap our bodies in the blankets to cover us.

"What are you doing home early? You guys said you would be back late," I reply quickly.

"It is late. It's eight p.m."

"Shit, we napped to long," Ezra whispers.

"AVERY! EXPLAIN THIS NOW!" he yells.

"Wait, never mind, I don't want any details at all. Ahh!" he adds yelling again.

"What is going on up there?" my mom yells from downstairs.

Still facing the wall, he says, "Avery and Ezra, please put on clothes now and Avery I will get your mom up here to discuss this with you," he says running downstairs.

"Shit. Shit. Shit," I repeat over and over again as I quickly put my clothes back on.

Ezra does the same and we are both blushing hard at the fact that we got caught. I hear my mom coming up the stairs and I look at Ezra in panic.

"What the fuck do we do?" I ask her.

"I don't know. I don't really have parents who care about what I do; this is new territory for me. Plus I've never been caught, "she replies.

My mom knocks on the door, "Are you guys decent now? You know you almost gave your dad a heart attack."

My mom enters the room shortly after and her gaze shifts from nervous Ezra and I to Ezra's bags that are lying in the corner. Shit! Ezra forgot to put her stuff back into my closet!!

"Why are there so many bags that don't belong to you, Avery?" she asks.

"Um...Shouldn't we talk about the fact that I almost gave dad a heart attack first?" I suggest trying to distract her.

Mom rolls her eyes and then focuses on me, "I know you are a teenager with a lot of hormones. And I know you are smart so you know all about the birds and bees. Also, I'm glad you're a lesbian because then you can't be pregnant."

I stare at my mom in shock and start turning even redder from the sheer embarrassment of having my mom talk about sex while I'm standing right next to my girlfriend.

"However, for the love of god, don't have sex when you know that we will be home. Your poor father looks like he has seen a ghost," my mom adds.

"I'm so sorry. We feel asleep afterwards..." I start explaining, but my mom cuts me off.

"I don't need to know any details. I just wanted to get that clear with you. Now for the elephant in the room. Those bags probably belong to Ezra, right?"

"No, those aren't hers! I recently bought those?" I reply unconvincingly.

My mom sighs and says, "Avery, you're a crappy liar."

"What on earth do you mean?" I reply stupidly.

"Your father and I came to the conclusion that we never bought you a hydro flask. So, if you lied about that, then you're lying now. And that noise we heard the other day was probably Ezra, wasn't it," my mom deduces.

"What! No," I say trying to look shocked.

"Okay it was me! I made those noises. Those are my bags," Ezra squeaks out.

My mom turns from Ezra to me and coldly says, "Would you like to explain why you tried to horribly lie and why Ezra is staying here?"

I give out a nervous laugh, which just seems to make my mom angrier and I quickly say, "See, it's a long story."

"I have all the time in the world," my mom replies.

"Okay, it's my fault. Don't blame Avery, she feels bad that I run away from home and wanted to help me out. This was way before we actually got together," Ezra blurts out.

My mom and I stare at her in shock.

"See, I don't like with my mom or her drunken boyfriends, and we had an altercation and I had to leave. I had nowhere else to go. I'm so incredibly sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen," Ezra blurts out.

She's talking way to fast and I can hardly understand anything else she says. My mom walks over to her and shockingly gives Ezra a hug which shuts her up.

Now it's Ezra and I who are staring at my mom in shock.

"Calm down, Ezra. Why don't we head downstairs, so that you can get a glass of water and then slowly explain everything to me," my mom says.

Ezra nods and my mom is the first one to leave my room. Ezra and I follow after her.

"What the hell happened to you back there? You just spit out the whole truth in like two minutes," I whisper to Ezra.

"I don't know what happened. I panicked and then just starting blurting out stuff," she says.

"I slightly blame you," she adds.

"Me? Why me? You just gave us away," I reply.

"Your honestly and goody two shoes self has rubbed off on me," she says, "I felt bad. I didn't know what else to do but tell the truth."

"Wow. I really am rubbing off on you," I say chuckling.

"Hey, you're rubbing off on me too! I'm lying more now," I whisper to her.

"I know, but like your mom said, you're a really bad liar. Anyone could see through your lying," she replies.

I narrow my eyes at her and she giggles at me as we make it down the stairs where my mom and dad are both waiting to hear the explanation behind this whole mess.

-------------------------

author note: It's about time Avery's parents find out about Ezra living at their house. This chapter was a bit cringey, but very fun to write. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Also, I need to start packing for my trip since I leave in a few days. So i'm not sure if I will be able to update another chapter this week, but I will try my best to do so. No promises though.

Also I uploaded another youtube video thanking you all for getting me past 100 subscribers. That's incredible!!!!!!!!!