Are you proud?

"daaaaaaaaad!!!!" I yelled while I opened the door to the apartment.

Oh yeah he isn't here yet because he's grading some papers. The only living thing in the apartment was Grey, a fat cat that my dad adopted when I was 10.

"Greyyyy!" I said playfully. Grey rounded the corner and looked up at me. He meowed lowly. 

I picked him up and walked to the couch. Grey just let it happen as I did this every time I came back.

"Grey I made a friend today. He's name is Shinso Hitoshi. And I think that he's cool. He seems to isolate himself but he likes my company. Or at least I think so. He did want to walk with me and we didn't just stand together. So maybe he wants to be my friend but what if he's just wants to use me to get to class 1-a and then just forget about me.-" I felt Grey's paw tap my stomach.

"Sorry I was rambling again. But what if...."

"Y/n you're thinking irrationality." I heard my dad's voice say which made me jump. I looked behind me to see my dad looking down at me. He looked tired but that was all the time.

"DAD! WHAT HAPPENED TO GRADING PAPERS?!" I screamed while panicking slightly.

"Stop screaming. And I'm sure he doesn't want you to be his friend." My dad said as he sat on the opposite side of the couch.

"What makes you say that? He walked home with me and he let me sit at his lunch table."  I presented the evidence to my father.

"You can't just call everyone your friend. People will use you. So don't assume everyone is your 'friend' because even in UA there are people who will hurt you." He said as Grey got off of my stomach.

"So I just expect the worst from people?" I asked him. "No, don't get your hopes up." He replied.

I guess that makes sense. If I went around calling people my friends then I'll just be stuck with people who might use me. But... Shinso was the only person I really talked to today.

"Alright dad. I'm going to do homework now because you gave a a ton of it on the first day."

"It was literally just for your parents to sign something and I already did that."

"Oh. Dad, are you proud?" I asked him sincerely. He sighed. "Yes I am proud of you."

"I'll keep making you proud by becoming the best hero that I possibly can be!" I said excitedly. Although his scarf was covering his face I knew he was smiling.