reckless

After the Hosu incident we were all taken to the hospital or at least I think that's what happened next. I passed out at my lack of a right arm and didn't wake up until the next day. I don't understand how it happened, it just kind of bursted when Stain freed himself from my grasp.

I woke up I'm the hospital early, my skin was boiling hot. I sat up quickly and looked around the room, it was still dark outside. I got out of the bed and walked into the halls of the hospital, my feet were cold due to the door but I didn't care. I wanted my dad for comfort and support but at the same time I'm pretty sure my dad would say that my actions were irrational. After I walked down the hall I walked back to my room, I don't think I should have been outside to begin with but I needed some cool air. When I got in front of the door that my room was I sighed.

"It's so hot in there..." I muttered quietly as I reached for the door with my right hand. Wait.

I looked at my hand in shock, I was confused but also really happy. My arm isn't gone forever, I could play a trumpet if I so desired which is honestly what it's all about.

I got into the room again only this time it was cold, freezing cold. Like walking into a hotel room in Florida after taking a swim in the slightly hotter than lukewarm pool that smelled more like salt than chlorine.

I looked over at the window, it was closed but the curtains were open revealing a full moon in the sky with small dots of stars that weren't invisible due to light pollution. I looked over at my bed, underneath was my bag that I had brought. I grabbed it and quickly sat on the bed to rummage through my own stuff.

I grabbed a highly caloric bar and my phone. I had about 40 messages. 17 from my boyfriend and 23 from my dad.

Hey, how's Hosu? My dad texted me at first around the time that I followed Iida into the alley with Stain. 12 minutes later he texted: I just got off the phone with Yoshi and he said that YOU got distracted and ran off. 5 minutes later he texted me: Y/n please don't tell me you're with Iida.

The other 20 messages were just him spamming my name over and over and over again. 

I decided to call my dad. After all, he did seem worried and I don't like making him worried. He loses sleep and stresses the people around him out by a slight constant neck twitch that is only visible when someone points it out or from stress. The dial rang for about 3 seconds until a deep voice on the other side say, "why didn't you text me earlier?"

I chuckled a bit before saying casually and quietly, "Hi, I'm in the hospital." I was happy to hear his voice. "I know, why are you awake? You should be resting," my dad reasoned with me.

"Yeah but I got got and went for a walk and then called you as I was worried that you were freaking out," I could hear a small click from the other side of the phone. "I don't freak out, you're exaggerating," He said in a bit of a annoyed tone.

"I could hear your neck cracking dad, I'm fine really. Not sure about the others but I don't have a scratch on me, well my arm did shatter but-"

"Excuse me what did you say?" He interuppted me. "When?" I asked back.

"A second ago," I heard his voice become a bit elevated. "I said when." I answered not wanting him to dwell on what I has just said. "How did you manage to shatter?" He said angrily.

"It involved ice, a knife, my arm and The Hero Killer Stain, fortunately he sucks at killing not yet heroes and Native for some reason. Do you know what his quirk is? Pretty sure Native Americans find his costume a bit offensive-"

"Where is your arm now?" My dad asked with a sigh. "It's attached to my shoulder blade," I said happily.

"That's gross, can you move it?" My dad sounded disgusted but intrigued. "For the most part, I can also still feel stuff which is cool but not sure when it reattached to me, do you know what time it is?" I asked realizing that I could see the sunrise.