tuesday

Today is the day. I'm getting kidnapped today. I could say I'm lucky. Most kids don't ge a warning that they're going to be kidnapped.

I sat in my room, well actually the spare room in my grandparents' house. I had the shades closed and the tv at full volume so I could at least move freely around the room.

"This just in a student from UA is declared missing after not showing up for 2 days, her name is Gomez Jincent and she was an American transfer student." The reporter declared. A picture of Jincent was flashed on to the TV. It wasn't the same girl I had seen before at school.

No, although they did look very similar there was a difference. The girl on the tv had long dark hair, ghostly pale skin, a slender face and her eyes were blue.

"If anyone sees this girl stay away. She isn't who she says. It seems that everyone is lying about who they are aren't they Y/n?"

Am I going insane? Did the reporter just say my name. No, no I must be hallucinating, probably all the fresh air I've been getting. The reporter also looked eerily familiar. She had coffee colored hair and dark brown eyes, she had hevey circles under her eyes which would have been covered up by make up.

"Hi ducky," I looked up at my grandmother. I looked back up at the screen, it was blank, nothing but static.

"Nana, you didn't happen to hear what the tv said before you came in, did you?" I asked hopefully. She could have easily said someone else's name.

"The tv isn't on dear." My grandma said. I looked back at the tv, it was blank. The screen was black and the remote was on the nightstand when it was previously in my hand.

"Can you call dad?" I asked my grandmother. "He's already here, he didn't leave yesterday. Didn't he tell you that?" My grandmother asked me.

"No, I guess he did." I said. My face felt hot. I could feel drips of sweat on my forehead.

"I'll get him dear just stay put for now." My grandmother said as she left the room. I felt my palms become sweat. my knees? Weak. Arms were heavy. I felt like vomiting on my shirt already.

"You know Y/n you should have gone to school today. Nothing would have happened, his threats were empty. This is just the price you have to pay for leaving me." The reporter was back. "I try so hard to understand you but you have so many layers to you and it's kind of astounding. You are truly a wonderful specimen to be studying."

"So unusual but nonetheless wants a relatively normal life with friends and a good family. The true human dream."

The voice became less like it was outside and more like it was in my head. I couldn't pin exactly whose voice it was. It sounded like everyone I have ever met but it didn't sound like anyone.

"Oh dear is baby going to cry? Why are you like this? Truly sad and pathetic." The voice said.

"Y/n?" I looked up at the door to see my dad. The voice stopped. I finally felt the tears rushing down my face.

I stood up quickly and got out of the room with him. I decided to sit in the living room instead. My dad followed behind me quietly.

"Dad, can you just sit here for a bit?" I asked quietly. My dad sat in the corner of the couch. I placed my head on my dad's lap.

"It's not tuesday anymore." He said quietly. I looked over at the clock. It wasn't Tuesday any more.

It was 12:08am on a Wednesday.