fat bastard

When my dad heard what had happened between Hitoshi and me he was a little pissed off that I couldn't forgive him so easily. "He literally humiliated you in front of all your classmates," he justified, "you're too naïve, Y/n."

"He fell to his knees and apologized, he defended me from a less than likely foe! What more do you want from him?"

"It would be nice if he didn't date my daughter," my dad said before taking a sip of his coffee. "You would like that," I said as I zipped up my suitcase. "Yeah, that's why I said it," my dad replied sarcastically.

"Everyone deserves a second chance," I said as I pushed my suitcase off of my bed so I had space to lie down. My dad hummed in response. "So what's training going to be like?" I asked as I felt my bed dip down as my dad took a seat.

"I'm not sure, you didn't use your quirk during the physical portion so I don't really know how to train you, which is a first," he replied. "Are you excited about the trip?" I asked with a dorky grin plastered on my face.

"Of course not, I want to stay home with Grey, poor Grey has to stay with Hizashi for a week," my dad said. As if he actually understood human speech Grey walked into my room and made his way to my dad.

"I'm going to miss you, you fat bastard," my dad said as he put down his coffee cup and picked up Grey to cradle him like a baby. "You're so mean to him," I said with a smile.

"He can't understand me, You don't understand because you're a little fat bastard aren't you," my dad cooed quietly as he rubbed Grey's belly. Grey just purred, happy that he was being held by my dad.

"I love him though," my dad continued, "he's my fat five year old bastard." And with that my dad walked out the door with Grey in his arms.

I went to sleep that night and had the strangest dream:

I was on a rowboat, sailing away from Japan towards maybe China. The sky was a light blue color and most would consider it a perfect day for sailing.  On the boat with me was Hitoshi.

"Did you pack everything you need?" He asked. I tilted my head in confusion. "Did you pack matches and your belt?" Hitoshi asked a bit more forcibly.

"I-i don't understand-"

"The matches! The flammable liquid you carry on your belt! Think Y/n!" He grabbed my shoulders and shook me back and forth. "Why would I grab that?" I asked him. He stopped shaking me and pushed me overboard.

I sunked deeper into the ocean until I couldn't see the bright blue sky anymore. I felt something grab my waist and pluck me out of the water.

"You better grab those matches, Y/n," the voice said. I looked up to see my dad. "Be prepared." He said as he let go of me. I turned around to face him but he was gone. Out of nowhere a hand grabbed my throat. I felt myself choking and tried to look at the assailant that was doing this to me.

"Wake up and pack your matches," the voice said, she sounded just like me probably because she was me. She looked as if she drowned, her hair was damp and covered a bit of her face but I could tell it was me.

She let go of my throat and backhand slapped me.

I woke up instantly and sat up on my bed. I knew it was a dream but it felt so real. I got up from my bed and made my way to my closet. I grabbed the matches I had in my hero costume and packed it into my case. I could always buy more at the store tomorrow I thought to myself as I drifted off to sleep again.

I woke up to the weight of a large cat being dropped on me. I looked up at Grey who pawed at my face for attention. "Morning chunky," I said as I pet his head, he swated my hand away and pawed my face.