father

On most days I get scolded at for not taking care of myself properly by Hitoshi or my dad. But today was different.

It's the day after the Sports festival. Hitoshi and I haven't really spoken about what I did at the festival.

"Please don't pull a stunt like that again." He said quietly. I looked up at him. "You've could've gotten really hurt out there. And besides you should have won easily."

"What's the point in winning for me? It's stupid. I'm already in class 1-A and I'm guaranteed to have an internship with someone because of my dad. You don't have either." I said grabbing Hitoshi's hand softly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I want you to get everything you deserve, okay?"

Hitoshi sighed, he knew he wasn't going to win this. He muttered something but I didn't press him to repeat himself.

"Will Ms. L/n please come down to the main office at once." The loud speaker spoke as Hitoshi and I sat in silence.

"I have to go, talk to you later?" I questioned as I grabbed my bag. He nodded as he poked around his food.

I walked down the corridor of the school, every now and again I would hear someone say "Juliet died and Romeo was right after!" I hated the analogy Present Mic strung up. The amount of times I was called Juliet in the streets today is ungodly and frankly I dislike it.

I felt a chill in the hallway. Not like it was cold but like someone was watching me.

"My darling daughter. Oh how I've missed you." I heard an airy voice say quietly. I turned around to identify the speaker.

A man was there. He wasn't there before. What the hell.

"Oh you don't remember me. After all I wasn't much of a father to you, no no, that honor goes to Eraserhead doesn't it? Well no matter I'm taking you home with you." He was a tall man with grey hair. I didn't even say a word to him.

"I think you might be mistaken. I'm Aki Watanabe." I said quickly. He chuckled quietly. "Just like your mother, a liar." He said walking towrds me. My heart was racing and at this point I would be screaming and running but I felt frozen, trapped even, when he mentioned mom.

"Daddy's back, sorry I didn't know what milk to get." He said standing no more than a couple of inches away from me.

"So you feel the urge to run but you can't. That my dear is my quirk, I call it Influence and it's all in the mind. Just like your dear boyfriend's quirk."
He said. "I can control your body motion, even the way you think, in fact that's why you don't remember anything from the Nomu fight thing. Don't want my darling daughter to be traumatized. The funniest part of that day was the fact that it was the first time in years that I used my quirk like that. And to think on my own daughter. I prefer something that I know would work, especially on your mother."

He stuck his hand in his pocket to fish something out. It was a vivid red lighter with a couple of scratches on it. "I was always a bit of a pryomaniac at heart. Ironic considering your weakness being extreme heats. You have my nose." He quietly said the last part. He was right, I did have his nose.

"I'll let you go pack your things. I'll be back on Tuesday to pick you up afterschool next week. Don't tell anyone because it's supposed to be a surprise."

He looked into my eyes. His eyes were steady and knew that I couldn't do anything.

"I love you, my darling daughter. See you tuesday."