snap twice

Have you ever thought your whole life was just an elaborate fanfiction?
No seriously because honestly, I don't really remember anything after my date with Hitoshi. We went to school, trained after school and then it was the day of the festival.

I was as nervous as hell. I mean it's not like I have a fear of most people especially if my dad made the sports festival seem so important. I mean it is important because then I could get my own internships but because my dad is the great and powerful Eraserhead (I called him that once and I got grounded) I could literally just ask him to write me a recommendation.

But I guess this is good to show people my skills. Some would say my true potential. "Did you eat?" I heard a voice asked that startled me a bit. I looked to see my dad in his mummy glory.

"I ate at least 4000 calories. I'll eat again after." I said. Oh, right I have to watch out for that too. If I run out I'm going to be disqualified for sure.

"I'm going to tell you right now that I don't care if you win. In fact, I'd rather you don't because of the press. I just want you to put up a good show. One that will show all your potentials to open doors for future internships." He said in his usual monotonous voice.

"Yes sir!" I said with a huge grin. He rolled his eyes and walked away into the announcement booth when I could already hear my uncle yelling.

I walked into the room where they kept 1-A until the main event started.

"HEY TODOROKI ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHAOS??" I yelled at the top of my lungs to get everyone's attention. I mean sure I have a fear of most people but my classmates weren't most people.

"I'm going to beat you." He said bluntly before looking down again.

"Not if I beat me first!" I said with a wide smile and shooting finger guns at him.

"MOMO ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHAOS???" I yelled with a big smile. She looked at me with wide eyes, surprised I guess. I didn't really talk much to my fellow classmates which made any interaction with them surprising. 

Momo nodded with a slight smile on her face. I grinned widely and left the room. Don't know why though because like I said early my life feels like one big elaborate fanfiction I just felt drawn to leave the room. I walked to the vending machine and looked at the varies arrays of snacks. They were all garbage choices from a mini bag of kettle corn that would only have half a bag to whole grain brown sugar pop tarts that didn't even come in the standard 2 in one pouch. I settled on a bag of gummies grapes. 

"It took you a while to come to that conclusion. a disappointing choice might I add considering your quirk." I heard someone unfamiliar to me say. I looked behind me to see a girl with black hair but she had an abundance of white hairs, intense brown eyes, and pale skin as if she had never been outside I've never seen her around. or rater I never noticed her. I was about to ask her about my quirk because no one really outside of the hero course knew but she knew somehow.

"Excuse me," she said while stepping closer to the vending machine "you see young l/n you have to weigh the options when it comes to everything; including snacks, for example, I'm choosing an awake bar because I haven't had sleep for about 2 days because of my quirk. You know being haunted by you isn't ideal when you are supposed to be my downfall in the sports festival. I've seen this conversation nearly 50 times today and only now do I meet you. However, the last time I wasn't rambling you were but all you were talking about was my white hairs and how I look like I haven't seen the sun in years which just annoys me because that's partially true. by the way, the name's Jincent Gomez, call me Jin if you like don't call me Gomez however because then one of your classmates will snap twice and I'm not really into pop culture like that I usually find it predictable." She grabbed her awake bar and walked away.

She kind of freaked me out just a bit. What did she mean when she saw that conversation 50 times. why did she want me to know her name? How did she know my name? I didn't even get to tell her my name. I just stood in front of the vending machine eating my grape gummies which weren't bad but kind of disappointing. 

"Oi L/n hurry up the events starting." I heard Kaminari yell from down the hall. Kaminari liked making pop culture references. Would he have been the one to snap twice? 

I rushed over to the rest of my class chewing on the last grape gummy. I'm sure as hell that I'm ready for the chaos.

Author's note

In case you don't know an awake bar is a caffeine chocolate bar that is sold in my city. Not really sure if they are sold anywhere else.