starvation

I was shaking slightly. It's not everyday that you are forced to fight someone you don't want to fight. On most days I would fight anyone, even Endeavor who would probably melt me to a puddle of sadness.

I would fight anyone, but not Hitoshi. It's not fair. Not that I'm saying that I'm better than Hitoshi for he has shown again and again how he is very strategic. No, it's not fair because I'm almost certain he will do anything in his power to make it seem like I beat him. And I don't want that, I'm already in class 1-A and I'm already guaranteed an internship with one of the many underground heroes my dad works with.

I have to get Hitoshi to kick me out of the arena or the more dangerous option.

Starving myself isn't difficult, I burn calories very fast if I use my quirk excessively. Most of the time people get mad at me for overusing my quirk because it's a very easy task not to do.

I know I shouldn't because it's dangerous, I burn my calories too fast I'll end up going from burning fat to burning muscle which can just make me useless and fragile. All I have to do is--

"You're going to lose." I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around to see Jincent, all decked out with her gear. I wasn't sure who she was going to fight but I'm sure she'll win.

"If you're going to do what I see then I'm going to get the medic." She stated. God, she looked dead inside. Her eyes were soulless as her gaze stared at nothing in particular.

"Thank you for that, please don't tell anyone the plan however." I said sternly. She nodded and walked away.

Wait, didn't she say I was her downfall earlier?

"Hey Jin," I said before she walk far enough down the hall "didn't you say that I would be your downfall?"

"Oh I'm glad you remember that, don't worry you will be, It'll be soon I promise." She said with a smirk. Although that smirk didn't make her look cocky but instead even more dead inside.

"Good luck."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have quite the show to behold on this fine afternoon. Up next is our very own star crossed lovers, just without all the dying bits, hopefully. From class 1-A we have my least favorite student but my favorite niece, L/n Y/n!" I heard my uncle announce my name. I walked out into the arena but I didn't look up at the crowd, too many people make me nervous.

"And from Class 1-C, the only person from class 1-C to come so far, Shinsou Hitoshi! This is truly an underdog story for the ages! In case you don't know Class 1-A not only gets trained by heroes but they also got attacked which makes Ms. L/n heavily over prepared for this fight, but from what we've seen so far Mr.Shinsou has shown to have a spectacular quirk along with great strategic planning. All this information is garbage however because it doesn't seem like they will fight each other on the account that they've been helping each other out prior."

I didn't look up to see Hitoshi but I felt him looking at me. In fact I felt everyone looking at me. Hundreds of eyes staring at my back and judging me, eyes that if they could talk would call me a pathetic excuse of a student of the top class in the top school of the country. I tried to regain composure, after all I had to put up a good fight.

"I want a good clean fight."

I looked up only to lock eyes with Hitoshi.

"I want you to beat me Hitoshi, if you don't beat me I will be very upset with you." I said as I stepped towards him. As I expected he didn't say anything.

"Come on Hitoshi, you had no problem showing off your quirk before, why not now? Let people see your quirk in combat." I said playfully jabbing at him. Again nothing from him.

"Hitoshi, you either quit being a baby and fight me or I'll just walk out of this arena. Come on it'll be like training only hundreds of people are watching and there are like 7 cameras getting all the angles." I said as I pushed him slightly.

"I really don't want to fight you." He said quietly. "Well my dear Hitoshi you're going to have to. I need you to punch me dammit. You know it won't hurt me so do it." I said as I grabbed his face gently.

I felt a small punch to my stomach which made me smile. "Come on just like when we were sparing last week." I said with a smile.

I tried to jump kick Hitoshi (gently of course) and he pushed my foot down. I tried to punch his face and he blocked it with ease. I then started to use my quirk, Wrapping my arm around him which he used to his advantage to grab part of my arm and elbowed it my arm off of himself.

I felt tired, normally at this point of us sparring I would have a granola bar, just so that I wasn't starving so intensely later. So in other words I was succeeding. I smiled at Hitoshi as we blocked and jabbed each other. 5 minutes of me using my quirk as much as I was isn't concerning, what was concerning was not knowing when Hitoshi will just quit and run to the edge.

Good thing Anxiety just makes my body burn calories faster.

After another 5 minutes my vison started to dark. Ah yes the sweet release of malnourishness. "Well Hitoshi, it was fun sparring with you. In about 20 seconds I will pass out and you'll win. I'm so proud that you tried to-"

I opened my eye to see tiles. "I can't believe you starved yourself. Do you know how dangerous that stunt was?" I heard my dad say. "Young lady, I am impressed by your dedication but your execution was that of Midoriya. It was sloppy and overall a bad idea. Mr. Shinsou wasn't pleased with your stunt either so you better think of that for next time."

"Hello to you too dad."

Author's note: starving yourself is bad and high key sucks so don't do that shit