an explanation

(this chapter gets a little dark (a bit more than a little, IDK it's 4 in the morning))

Time seemed to flash forward as in a blink of an eye I was getting ready for my sister's execution. I kind of felt bad for her. If she had escaped as I did maybe she wouldn't have murdered 4 people.

"I'm going to be the last one," I whispered to myself as I brushed my shirt for any lint that might have accumulated. I shouldn't feel bad for her, she murdered four people. 2 of them were related to Nao. She's a terrible person and yet I felt remorseful for her.

"Are you ready to go?" Hitoshi asked as he straightened his tie. "I think so... would it be rude to ask if we could set this up at a later date?" I asked as I fidgeted with my collar a bit. "well this is the last chance you'll ever get to ask about your childhood, it's not like anyone else could explain it as well as she could. I don't think they'll delay her execution."

"I don't know if I want to know though. this is stressful," I muttered as I felt him swing his arm over my shoulder. "she'll be out of your hair soon enough and on a lighter note, we look like a great couple," he said as he admired our reflection.

"we could clearly tell that I got myself a hottie right here, with a great ass of course," I teased as I lightly patted his butt. "you're jealous," he said before kissing my cheek.

we headed out with smile, any on looked would have just suspected a couple going on a date. we made jokes while we rode in the minivan and even when we were getting our loose items taken from us but then when we sat in the waiting room to meet with her I grew quiet. I should have just stayed home, the past is the past. why did I want closure so desperately? was it some underlying fear I always had? i am going to get married and have children, was I scared that my children would just end up like my sister and murder Hitoshi and I? 

"I'm so glad you two could make it," a sickly sweet voice said, I felt chills run up my spine, "It's nice to be surrounded by family on the day of my death. it's just like how I pictured it."

"we aren't your family," Hitoshi snapped at her, "believe me when I say I only came her for my fiancee's mental health and even now I think it's a mistake." Toki hummed in response. "I see how it is hytobi. after years of knowing each other you truly don't appreciate my companionship?" 

I felt Hitoshi grab my hand as if telling me to snap out of it. "that's enough, we only came here so you could tell me what happened. why the sudden obsession with me in my first year?" I asked sternly.

"it wasn't a sudden obsession. I've always been fascinated  by you, my elder sister. the sister that got away," she said with wide eyes, "when the bad men took you away I was really sad, it's a lot harder to watch you from so far away. you were like a movie star to me, a character that would feel pain and joy and anger. my joy came from you enjoying yourself and my pain was when you were in pain. I got lucky when that jincent girl bumped into me on the first day. I would be so close to you, I could barely contain my excitement, I rehersed what I was going to say to you at least half a dozen times before actually telling you the whole gummy grapes thing. it went perfectly." 

her words sounded like a crazed fan's words, it frightened me when she said she was always watching me. "how come I didn't know about you before?" I asked. she was only about a year younger than me at least, I was 5 when I got taken I would have remembered something.

"Mother was really selfish when it came to you. that's why she had to go," she said nonchalantly, "you were like a prize to her, you looked like her, spoke like her and imitated her in nearly every way. what a shame you didn't develop your quirk fast enough. if you weren't a late bloomer maybe you would have been the sister in cuffs, not me. I wanted to be you, I wanted mom's attention! why didn't you share?" she spated out angrily. I flinched. "I'm sorry," I whispered quietly.