soup

Eventually an ambulance did come pick me up but at that point I was mostly out of it. I was writhing in the pain of sunburn, hunger, and overall just my insides feeling like they were going to spill out in a soup like fashion.

I think the paramedics were trying to ask me questions on what happened but the adrenaline I felt earlier, when I first escaped had most certainly died down to only to leave me with the agonizing pain of searing flesh.

"My insides are cooked so well done that Gordon Ramsay saw them he would probably send it back to the kitchen," I told one paramedic who was holding my face. "You're hands are too hot to hold me," I said before pushing his hand off.

I tried to use my quirk but felt it didn't work. "You were literally complaining earlier that you're hungry, stop trying to kill yourself," I heard my dad say. "How long have you been here?" I asked as I swung my legs off the stretcher.

"Stay on the stretcher Y/n," My dad said pushing my legs back onto the stretcher, careful not to hurt me more.

"My insides are soup, Papa," I whispered to him.

"Nothing makes sense, I saw you in the desert but it was actually just my subconscious showing me people I would miss if I died, you swore which I don't think I've ever heard you say fuck but it was very convincing. Uncle Hizashi was also there but he kind of sounded like Shaggy." I rambled.

"Don't swear, at least when I'm around," he replied as he pushed my chest to force me to lay down.

"What happened to Nao? I know I'm too young to adopt him but him visiting every once in a while would be nice. He writes me letters sometimes. Can he visit while I'm at the hospital? Can Hitoshi come and visit? I miss him. He was also in the desert and he actually warned me that I was going to-"

I interrupted myself with a slight gag.

"-throw up. And then I did, it's probably cooked all the way through. Dad gimme your hand," I said making the grabby motion. He sighed reluctantly and handed me his hand which was much colder than the paramedic's hands.

I placed his hand on my head and relaxed at the cool sensation. I stayed quiet for the rest of the ride and barely notice the swarm of people freaking out over me.

"Why are you freaking out?" I asked a nurse who seemed more frantic than the others.

"You're missing an arm!" She exclaimed, showing me my detached arm. "Gimme the arm," I said as I sat up. The nurse held it defensively. "It's not yours to begin with so give me my arm," I said sternly.

She didn't give my arm for some reason.

"Dad! The lady won't give me my arm back," I whined as I looked over at my dad who was in the same room.

"Just- give her the arm," my dad said in a defeated tone. She took a deep breath and handed me my arm. I waved it around slightly before connecting it back to my body. The cells fusing together again burned slightly but felt cooler once the process was done.

"I really missed my arm. And i miss my shoes. dad, she took my lambofeeties," I said as I laid back onto the hospital bed.

"Are shoes your main concern right now?" My dad asked me as I waved my arm around to make sure it was all connected.

"It's one of many but I'm so thoroughly cooked that nothing makes sense father that i prefer more than my biological father," I said as the nurse put an ice pack on my forehead. "Is this what you do at nursing school?" I ask as I watched her prep an IV.

"Bout to get a stabby stabby," I whispered before I saw her jab my arm with the IV. It didn't hurt, it didn't do anything as it didn't break through my skin.