i need to tell you something

After a few days my dad and I got out of the hospital. He was still bandaged up a lot but at least he could walk. UA gave students a break since it's pretty traumatic to see your teacher being crushed by a giant monster. I spent my break hanging out with my dad. Taking care of him and all that. We watched a couple of movies together, well I watched the movies he fell asleep half way through.

On the third day of break there was a knock on the front door. I looked through the peephole and saw a familiar. I opened the door to see Hitoshi.

"Hitoshi!" I said excitedly as I opened the door. "Hello Y/n..." He said quietly. After a moment of silence we both said something at the same time.

"I need to tell you something.." we looked into each other's eyes. His were a lovely shade of lavender. "You first..." He said as he looked down. His face was a light shade of pink.

"Well I told myself after the USJ I would tell you because I nearly died and my dad did too and I told myself if I wait time is just going to fly right by and someone might tell you before I do and that is not ideal. Oh god I'm rambling again. Anyway what I'm trying to say is I like you. Not like a friend like more like a boyfriend but if you just want to be friends I completely understand but I just wanted to get that off my chest because life is short." I said with my eyes closed. Hitoshi hasn't said anything yet and that worried me. Did I just ramble away a friend? My ONLY friend?

"I'm glad you told me because i wanted to tell you that I like you a lot." He said looking into my eyes. I felt myself become lighter. Like a burden has been lifted off of my shoulders.

"I gotta go but I'll talk to you at school okay?" He said with a smile.

I smiled back and closed the door behind me. I let out a sigh of relief.  I locked the door and started to head back to the living room.

"Do you have a boyfriend now?" My dad asked. As he sat on the couch.

"Not really- wait did you hear the whole thing?"

"It's not hard to spy on you y/n after all the wall between the hall to the door and the kitchen isn't the thickest."  He said as Grey climbed up onto my dad's lap. 

My dad and I spent the rest of the day laying around and watching stupid movies.