hot

I sat on my 'bed' watching the door to see if anyone would come in after an hour. The sun was setting and the room got darker. I figured that this was my chance to try to open the fridge, grab at least 4 waters to take with me into the desert.

Short note, short note, short note, long note.

I pressed all the buttons to at least see if they all sounded the same and to my advantage they did not. This meant that the first 3 numbers were the same and the last number wasn't.

Escaping seemed to be in my favor (or this is just an elaborate fan fiction that involves family trauma and kidnappings) as when I typed 1118 the door popped open revealing several mini water bottles. For the first time in being kidnapped I smiled at my turn of fortune.

I grabbed at least 4 bottles and allowed them to merge into my body. I always used to do that for my own personal enjoyment and the last time I did it was when I took the reporter's microphone. I miss antagonizing the reporters in a fun way.

My next problem was my exit. Would I go out the window or would push my luck and go through the door. I decided that my luck has never been great so I walked over to the window.

My dad has taught me a lot of stuff involving ~illegal~ things just incase I find myself in a situation where I have to escape a villains clutched. He always told me "you being safe is more important than the law," but I'm not really allowed to tell anyone he told me that as that would probably lose his license as a hero.

I rummaged through the drawers for something to break the window with. I decided that I would use the desk lamp that had no bulb. The glass shattered loudly and I climbed out the window without any problem. I held my first aid under my arm as I tried to reach for the matches that were embedded in my flesh. I put down the first aid kit and walked over to the family car. I would try to hot wire the car but I don't know how to drive yet so I opted to just set the thing on fire to at the very least slow them down if they found out I escaped.

I opened the gas cap of the car with no issue, but it was lighting the match that was the problem. This was a two hand job and I didn't even have both arms. I tried to struck it on one of the tires, to see if that would work but I just fumbled the match and dropped it into the sand.

The second time around however I did get it to light and I took that chance to drop the match into the gas tank. I quickly ran in the opposite direction of the house and into the grand unknown.

I ran for what seemed like forever over some dunes but it was probably closer to 30 minutes which is still a long time to be running. I stopped to look back to see if anyone was following me. I didn't expect to get this far and that led to a new problem: where was I.

I was in Tottori but I don't know anything about Tottori other than the fact that it's a desert and deserts are hot.

I couldn't rely on someone finding me as no one knew I was in tottori. This blows.

For a split second I thought about going back but quickly decided that I would rather die free than in a room for the rest of my life being force fed cheese and then macaroni. It was too early to think about dying, I have a Hitoshi that would probably kill me if I tried to give up so easily.

Most of the walk was uneventful. At one point I heard a bird in the distance but as I ran towards it the damn thing got caught by a snake. Was that some metaphoric way of fate telling me that I was going to die? Highly doubt it but it was a rather depressing turn of events, that bird could have been flying to a city to get some shelter.

The sun started rising and i kind of felt like Luke as I stared off into the horizon, at least I knew I was going in the right direction. My dad told me that if I ever find myself lost I should just head east as we lived in the east but that doesn't fucking work if you don't have a compass, I have a lot of things but a compass isn't one of them.