I'm not

Hitoshi and I walked up to my dad's apartment, it's like 1:30 in the morning. He could be asleep and I wouldn't have to address the kid in my arms.

The pizza in Hitoshi's arm is understandable, I used my quirk and I'm a bit peckish.

I opened the door as quietly as I could, letting Hitoshi in first and then myself. We slide off our shoes and placed them near the door and walked down the hallway, the lights were off. That's a good sign.

I turned on the living room lights and saw, thankfully, no one there. Hitoshi placed the pizza on the coffee table. I walked to the guest bedroom. I walked down the hall quietly, my dad was most certainly in one of the rooms, I don't know which one though. My room, his room or the guest bedroom.

I opened the door to the guest bedroom slowly. It creaked softly. I felt my adrenaline pumping as I stretched my arms to place Nao in bed and cover him with a blanket. I closed the door quickly with a sigh.

"Who's in the guest bedroom Y/n?" I heard a deep voice ask behind me. I flinched a bit. How did I not realize that he was behind me?

"I'll tell you in the morning, please don't ask me now," I said nervously, I walked back to the living room.

"No, I need to know now. I got a call from Hizashi that you were at the police station. Why didn't you call me?" He asked calmly as I sat on the couch.

"Well, you can't drive and you were supposed to be resting," I replied, no clue where Hitoshi went. Probably to the bathroom.

"Okay, sure," he sat next to me, "So tell me everything from the top."

"From the top? Okay, so I went to Hitoshi's class to ask him to go on a stakeout with me because I didn't really want to be alone so when I was asking him we heard a click, so naturally, we went to investigate. We found a guy with a camo camera quirk who took our picture for his boss, he said that she wouldn't be happy seeing me with Hitoshi. Later that day I heard a voice in the locker room say 'shorter' when I questioned what to do with my hair. Then we went to a park that had a perfect view of Midoriya's house but then we took notice of a kid who wasn't moving. I then heard a click as we were approaching the kid, the kid told me not to step near a little red car because there's something there that he was already sitting on. So Hitoshi and I quickly devised a plan where Hitoshi would lift at I would cover, which went successfully. I covered a bomb with myself which is why my sweater is basically gone which really sucks because I really liked that sweater as it was cozy and-"

"Focus."

"Right! So we took the kid, his name is Nao, to the police station as we had no clue what had just happened. But then we got stopped by the girl who faked being Jincent Gomez who said that she's my sister and that she killed Nao's mom and aunt. So I being a good sister punched her in the face, knocking her out cold. When we got to the police station we got judged by the policemen who kept insisting that Hitoshi and I were villains, I called Uncle Hizashi so that he could pick me up and get me a pizza, then the press came around asked me some on the spot questions that will most certainly be on the news tomorrow. Uncle Hizashi then told me I could cut a deal as you did with me so I took that chance. We left, I cried in the car. We came here, I put Nao in bed and Hitoshi's in the bathroom as we speak." I said all in one breath.

"Please don't be mad," I said looking at the floor. He sighed and leaned back. "I'm not mad, why did you decide to do the deal?"

I thought back to when I was about 5: I sat in the police station crying, I was nearly dropped off a building. My mommy doesn't love me so why would anyone else? I curled up into a ball, listening to my mom yell "SHE'S MY DAUGHTER! GIVE HER BACK!" I was scared, I didn't want to stay with the policeman because they were near my mom. A dark figure approaches me.

"Hey kid," the dark figure said kneeling to my level. "Do you want to come with me instead? We could get something to eat and I promise that I won't drop you." He said tiredly. I looked into his eyes, they were calm and rational and didn't want to hurt me. I nodded quickly, got up and grabbed his leg as a koala would.

"I'm Aizawa Shouta," he said as he took me off of his leg "I'll be your guardian from now until you grow tired of me." His voice sounded like he was in pain when he said that.

"Because I wanted to be like my hero," I said looking at my dad. He looked over at me. 

"Alright, I'm going to bed. we'll figure out something tomorrow. Hitoshi can stay if he wants but please don't make too much noise, after all, a kid is sleeping in the guest bedroom after all. Also, don't forget to thank Hizashi for picking you up." And with that, he left. Hitoshi came back from wherever he was and sat down next to me. 

"You could stay the night if you want," I said as I opened the box and grabbed a slice of pizza from the now cold pizza box. I grabbed the remote and turned off the light, the glow from the tv was bright blue as I flipped to one of the news channels. I didn't see any mention of me and- Hitoshi and me yet but it was bound to happen soon. Hitoshi fell asleep on my shoulder again as I watched one of the late-night shows as I ate my pizza.

The rest of the night was soothing, some would even call it calming my dear reader.