im so sorry

I opened my eyes to a dark room. Or a semi lit room. I don't feel well. But I don't feel terrible. I looked around my surroundings. I was in a hospital room with white walls and a iv that was in my arm.

I don't know how long I was passed out but I hope it wasn't too long. I really wish this was like a elaborate fanfiction where there was someone who sat next to me while I was recovering but that was not the case.

"My dear daughter~ you look absolutely terrible." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked over to the window to see the last person I wanted to see.

My mother. She stood over my bed not daring to touch me.

"They have you in a quirk dampener cot. I remember they had to give me a quirk dampening cell every night so I won't escape.... Fun times!" She said looking down at me.

"G-go away." I croaked as my throat was dry.

"Now now darling is that anyway to talk to your mother?" She scolded in a motherly tone.

"No but that's how I talk to whores." I said even if my throat begged me to stop talking.

"I'll leave soon but I need to tell you something..." She said quietly trying to reach for my face.

"What." I asked as I moved my face away. "I love you." She said quietly. "Too bad I can't say the same." I said harshly.

I opened my eyes to be in a bright room. I don't even remember going back to sleep after my mother visited. I don't even know if her visiting me was real. I looked to the side of me and saw no one.

The door opened suddenly. I saw a woman who was dressed as a nurse. So I assumed she was a nurse.

"Oh my you're awake! Doctor! Doctor! She's awake!" I hear her yell down the  hall.

"We weren't sure if you would wake up." The nurse said.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked. "About 2 days however you nearly died of something." She said as she poured me a glass of water. So maybe my mom being here wasn't a dream but rather her poisoning me with something.

"My dad!" I said as I up. "He's in the next room. He's fine, well he's stable." She said.

"Can I see him?" I asked. I failed him. I passed out while he got his head smashed. "I don't know... Let's see what the doctor says." She said handing me the cup of water.

"What a trooper." I heard the doctor says as he walked into the room. "I want to see my dad." I said as soon as he entered the room.

"Well I don't see why not. He's in the next room over." I got out of bed and walked with the IV. I went to the next room over to the next room where they said my dad was being kept.

When I saw him I wanted to burst out and cry.

He was covered in bandages and had a cast for each limb. I walked over to him.

"I told you that I did- y/n?" My dad started to say but then he saw it was me. I sat down in the chair next to him.

"I'm so sorry." I said holding back tears.

Neither of us said anything. We just sat in silence. "Don't be. It's not like you knew. It's irrational to blame yourself for what happened." He said quietly.

"I should have been stronger. If I was then you wouldn't be in the hospital. I should have taken the punches." I said as tears ran off my face.

"No y/n I don't think you understand what actually happened." He said solemnly.

"Yes I do I passed out-"

"No you didn't. The doctor said you might not remember this so I'm going to tell you what happened. It threw you around and then it threw you to the ceiling and you bounced off it. When you came back down you tried to strangle it for the second time and he threw you off him again. The hand guy flaked your face and you tried to suffocate him as well. Then your mother came around and started to attack you and nearly set you on fire. You didn't fail me. I'm proud of you. I don't think I say that enough times but I am proud of you. I know I look bad but after your fight you looked worse. If anything I failed you. I promised that your mom won't hurt you again and yet there she was about 10 years later trying to set you on fire. I'm so sorry that I didn't keep that promise." He said. I felt tears well up in my eyes again.

"Don't apologize because of her. You said it was improbable that I would see her again. A-and that c-can't be blamed on you."

"I'm so sorry."