breaks and cheese

*before I continue I just want to say thank you all for reading thus far! This book has reached 103k reads as I type this and none of this would have happened if you hadn't read. I will be planning something in the near future so be prepared for that*

I walked to school with my head down low. I don't know what to do. My palms hurt due to how tightly I  held the straps of my bag. I tried to think positively but my mind kept thinking about how I should break up with Hitoshi for his safety. I don't want to do that to him though. I am being selfish by not breaking up with him despite knowing the dangers? "Y/n!" I turned around to see my darling boy Hitoshi.

"Hey...baby," I said as he approached me. I looked deep into his lavender eyes, I can't do it. I'm being selfish but I feel like I can't just do that to him.

"Are you tired?" He asked as he offered his hand for me to hold. I gladly took it and replied "I didn't sleep well."

"You could have texted me, I was up all night," he said, he almost sounded prideful. "You have to get more sleep baby, there's a reason why I call you Hitoshi the corpse sometimes," I said with a light chuckle.

"That makes you a necrophilic," he joked. "Bold of you to assume that I am sexually attracted to you," I teased back. "But of course, this hot bod is all you want and more~" Hitoshi cooed. "What is the more part?" I asked with a grin. "The more is that I can locate all the strays in the neighborhood," he remarked.

"A very useful skill," I said, giggling softly. It felt like forever since I had a moment like this with him, joking and teasing. Maybe it was the thought of letting him go that makes me truly appreciate it now.

Before I knew it lunch started. I was excited to see Hitoshi at the entrance of the 1-A classroom. He didn't seem as excited, he looked angry. I approached him and offered my hand for him to hold but he pushed it down. "Are you okay Hitoshi? You seem angry," I asked, his lavender eyes bore into my soul as if he was trying to figure something out.

"No Y/n, I'm not okay. After I dropped you off I found a note on my desk," he started, "It said something rather alarming and quite frankly I want  you to explain it. " he handed me a neatly folded piece of paper.

Dear Hitoshi,
I'm sorry that I'm not telling you this in person but I don't know how to tell you. I cheated on you with Todoroki. I think we need a break from each other.

I still love you
Y/n Aizawa

I read the letter at least 8 times. I didn't write this but the handwriting was clearly mine. "I didn't cheat on you," I said as I grabbed his arm and looked at him with pleading eyes, hoping that he would believe me. "Is that not your handwriting?"  Hitoshi asked.

"Yes but-" my mind suddenly became really foggy. I saw Hitoshi buteverything felt numb. "What were you going to do today?" Hitoshi asked sadly. "I don't want to tell you," my hazed self said with no true emotions. I was screaming in my head for him to let me go of his quirk.

"Why not?"

"Because you'll get upset."

"Judt tell me, how much more upset can I get?"

"I was going to break up with you but then I changed my mind," I felt my hazy eyes produce tears annd slowly they started to trickle down my face. Hitoshi hummed in response but still held control of his quirk.

"Did you cheat on me?" He asked, his voice cracked nearly destroying his cool demeanor. "I would never cheat on you my love," my hazed voice replied. The sensation of not being in control of my own body scared me. But I wasn't scared of him, I was scared of my subconscious that was telling him all this.

"Care to tell me why you were going to break up with me?"

"No."

"Why not Y/n?"

"Because I know it's stupid."

He released me from his quirk. I looked into his lavender eyes more clearly. His eyes looked slightly glassy as he said "I think we should take a break."

I was about to say something but my throat ran dry. I felt like no matter what I said he wouldn't take it as a real answer.

I walked back into class 1-A and laid my head on my desk. "That was a terrible way to break up." I heard a voice say over me. "Please just leave me alone," I mumbled out not looking up at the person who was trying to talk to me.

"Care for some cheese?" He offered. I sighed and looked up at Aoyama. "Buzz off," I said. I immediately felt bad but his expression didn't change. "I'm sorry, it's been a weird day," I said sincerely.

"It's okay mon cheri, cheese?" He offered again. I sighed and took a piece of cheese off his platter. "Don't call me Mon cheri, I'm not your dear," I said before taking a bite of cheese.
We sat in silence as I nibbled on the cheese he gave me. "So, do you like him?" Aoyama asked, breaking the once comfortable silence. 

"Who? Hitoshi?" I asked. He nodded. "Of course I do! I didn't want this to happen to us!" I snapped. Aoyama still had his closed mouth smile on his face. "Again, sorry." I apologized again. "Why don't you do a grand scaled romantic gesture? That would be a magnifique way to woo him back," he suggested, his hand was delicately placed on his face. "I think I need to just give him some space," I whispered to him but mostly to myself. I popped the last bit of cheese I had into my mouth before getting up from my seat. "I'll see you later Aoyama," I said before exiting the classroom.

I walked over to the teacher's lounge and knocked on the door softly as I opened the door to peek who was in there. "My favorite niece! How's it hanging? Did you forget your lunch again?" My uncle bombarded me with questions as soon as I stuck my head inside. I simply nodded and walked over to him who had a bento box in his hand. "Aren't I the best- hey, have you been crying?" He grabbed my face to examine it. I felt my eyes well up and tears trickled down my face again.

"Um, Hitoshi kind of broke up with me," I said as he let go of my face. I wiped my tears as my uncle wrapped his arms around me. "Oh kiddo," my uncle started, "I'm going to kill him."

"N-no, It's my fault anyways," my voice was muffled by his leather jacket. "Do you want to talk about it? Your dad will be here any minute now-"

"Please don't tell dad! I don't want him to know!" I said frantically wiping the remaining tears off my face.  My uncle was about to say something in response but he was interrupted by the last voice I wanted to hear.

"I'm back they didn't have that- What are you doing here?" My dad's voice asked as I quickly hid behind Hizashi. "Y/n just wanted some clarification on her English homework and she forgot her lunch!" Hizashi said. He was lying straight through his teeth, my dad didn't buy it.

"She didn't have English homework and while she did forget her lunch she knows I leave some money in the locked cabinet of my desk for situations like that," my dad said. He moved Hizashi to the side and stood in front of me. "Tell me, why are you here?" He asked again.

"It's just me being anxious and irrational a-a-again! Everything is fine!" I said turning away from him. "Y/n just tell me, I already saw part of the scene earlier I need to hear what the damage was," my dad said as he turned me around.

"He broke up with me."