Rules XXI

Jennie's Point Of View

Lisa and I are both walking at the corridor when we saw a familiar guy leaning against the wall

"There's someone waiting for you." Lisa pointed Hanbin who's now walking towards our direction. He doesn't know the word fuck off.

"C'mon, just let him." I stated with my furrowed eyebrows.

"Jen, Can we talk?" I just rolled my eyes and dragged Lisa to the place where we were sitting.

That's our everyday scenario, almost everyday he was waiting for me and still trying to make me talk to him, but as long as Lisa doesn't give her permission then I would respect that.

We are walking in the parking lot, when we saw him standing besides Lisa's car.

"Dang, The jerk is here again." Lisa muttered eyeing Hanbin.

"He's starting to hit a nerve." I said.

"I'm tired to hear his begging baby." I look at Lisa and pout. "I think I need to talk to him, but if you don't want to then it's okay."

We stopped walking so we can talk for a moment.

She smiled and ruffled my hair. "Yes, we should stop running from the truth. That will make us coward, so go talk to him to find out why he left years ago."

"Do you want to be there while we are talking?"

"Nah nah, I'm good. Just don't go far from where I am." I just nod and smile.

We proceeded walking until we reached Lisa's car where he is standing, he immediately approach us and asked. "Can we talk now?"

"Yes, we can talk but just in a few minutes."

His smile gets wide when he hears what I said, I look at Lisa and she just smiled at me.

I'm still looking at Lisa who's now leaning against her car's hood still looking at us. I stopped walking to make Hanbin stop too.

"What's this important thing you are going to tell me?" I asked in my non expression voice.

"I miss you Jen." He said while smiling, do I need to regret that I let him talk to me?

"Stop beating the bush, and drop what you will going to tell me, Lisa is waiting for me." He's still smiling but you can see the sadness behind it.

"Do you love her?" Shit, now I'm starting to regret that I let him talk to me, this is all nonsense shit. But even though I started to get annoyed I just answer his question. "Of course." I answered with an eye rolling.

"I'm just wondering... If you will still love her if I haven't left years ago?"

I took a deep breath. "What's the point of that question? I love her now, And I will love her tomorrow and the days after that, no one cares if you haven't left years ago."

"Leaving you was the biggest mistake I've ever done."

This conversation is turning into annoying, irritating and nonsense there's no destination for this kind of conversation.

"If you are not going to tell me important things and just ask me dumb questions then I will just leave now." I was about to walk away when he said something that made me stop.

"I was sick."

"What?" I asked looking back at him.

"I was sick, and the doctor told me that I will just live for 2 years? or a year? I can't remember and I don't want to remember. That's why my parents took me abroad just to cure my sickness, My case was so hopeless, only miracles can make me better."

My mind can't process what he's saying, so I just stayed quiet and continue to hear his reason.

"We were so young that time, so inlove. That's why my mom wants to tell you about my sickness but I asked them not to, I can't handle seeing you hurt and specially crying because of me, It will just double the pain."

He left cause he doesn't want to see me hurt? Is that a fucking joke?

"Do you think I didn't cry when you left? Do you think you didn't hurt me by saying that you are caught in accident? You don't know what I went through, Hanbin."

"I don't want to prolong your agony, or give you false alarm that I will live long while in reality I wouldn't, that's why I fake my own death. Knowing that if I really die you will easily move on, but some bullshits happened, I fucking survived, miracle happened. But on that day when the doctor announced that I can live normal, that's the exact day when I get the news that you are dating someone else. Ironic isn't? My body was alive but my heart died at that very moment."

"But even though I found out about your relationship, I still want to see you afar from me so I decided to get back here, until that day came and I saw you with Lisa. I don't know what to do that time, It's really sad seeing you happy with someone else. I find another way that time to talk to you, I even enrolled at the nearest universities from yours, until yeah our paths crossed when I decided to transfer here."

I get frozen, my mind is still not processing. "I-I d-don't know w-what to say."

"It's okay, I'm just saying this to enlighten you." He smiled.

My mind went back to his question awhile ago, will I still love Lisa if he didn't leave? Will I even meet her if he didn't leave? but that really doesn't matter as long as I'm so happy now with Lisa, and I'm more than happy to the relationship Lisa and I build now, than mine and Hanbin's relationship years ago.

I didn't know that I am spacing out until I felt an arm wrapped around my shoulder, it's Lisa. "That's really a long conversation there, I think I need to get what's mine now." Hanbin just smile but you can see the sadness on it.

We are both walking towards Lisa's car when Hanbin call me again. "Can we be friends again, Jen?"

Instead of answering his question, I just looked back at him and smile.

~•~