Chapter Nineteen

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Nineteen

It is surprising that Hunter Kings has a comfortable sofa

It is surprising that Hunter Kings has a comfortable sofa. It's much better than the one William and I have. As soon as I first sat on it, I knew I was a goner.

"You're a real pain in the ass." I groan at the brown haired boy and flip myself over on his couch so my face is buried into the navy blue material.

I was right when I thought I was a goner. I had fallen asleep on here only moments after. Once I woke, there was a blanket tucked around my body that I don't remember seeing when I was awake.

Hunter laughs and stares at his phone in his hand. He'd taken a photo of me when I was sleeping. I assume he'd done it when he put the blanket over me. A part of me grimaced when I discovered he'd taken a photo.

I'm thankful that I seem to be a pleasant sleeper. I might have died if I saw myself in the photo with an open mouth and awkward body. Instead my hands where tucked under my head and my face seemed peaceful.

It still doesn't mean that I appreciate the image.

"That's what you get when you fall asleep." I'm groaning at him again. "Oh c'mon, Lollipops. It's not bad. I think it'll be a good new wallpaper."

I'm going to murder him if he does what he says.

"Whatever." I can't breathe with my face pressed into the couch, finally sit up and push the soft blanket off me. 

I had no intentions of falling asleep on his couch, but it was impossible to cave into it's comfort, and I'd worn my body out. The heels of my hands rub my eyes. "You slept for an hour and a bit."

"William is going to kill me and not even bother to bury my body." I don't bother putting my shoes back on. I simply hold them in my hand. "I'm going to die a slow and painful death now. He doesn't even know I'm here." There are so many messages on my phone from him.

"No, he came by a while ago." Hunter tells me and picks an apple from his fruit bowl. "I didn't tell him anything about today if that's what you were worried about. He did ask why you were here." He continues to say. "I told him you would explain everything once you were up. He knows you skipped school."

William knows I'm here. Oh gosh, he would know that I left and came here. "I should probably go over there then." I stand and start walking towards the door after grabbing my bag.

Hunter follows. "I'll come too. It gets boring in my apartment alone."

"Good." I tease with a smirk. "That means you can tell William why Mia was angry, and I can sit back-"

"You know what? I just remembered I'm swamped with homework. It's due soon and I don't want to fail class." I grab the side of his shirt when he tries to spin around and leave.