Chapter Twenty Eight

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Twenty Eight

M E A N I N G F U L M I S T A K E S Chapter Twenty Eight

Last night was the first night of many things. Aside from the obvious, my mind dwells on the knowledge that it was the first time anyone beside William Henderson has slept in my bed.

It was odd adjusting to the luxury of sprawling in the middle of the mattress taken from me, but I much preferred when Hunter had bundled me in his arms until we both feel asleep.

I'd woken a few minutes ago and attempted to fall back into slumber, but there is fingers tracing my jaw then down my bare neck- the culprit being the Kings boy.

The warmth of sunlight pours on my back from the open blinds that I hadn't closed yesterday.

Any thought of sleep runs from me. I smile and peel my eyes open to see Hunter smiling in front of me. "Morning, Lollipops." I hum happily when he kisses my forehead. "How are you feeling?"

Despite it being a simple question, my face begins to heat when all the memories of last night swarm my head.

I can't believe any of it was real. I was frightened that I wound never be able to have the experience with someone again. My mind was convinced that fear would over run me- but it hadn't. I trust Hunter, I feel comfortable with him.

Last night proved that. He was gentle with me through every moment. Even when I felt slight pain and initial discomfort while how bodies became connected for the first time, he'd kissed me softly and asked if I were okay.

"I'm okay. A little sore, but it's fine."

I suck in a sharp breath when his fingers trace my spine. "William called a little while ago to tell you that he's spending the rest of today at Chuck's new apartment. He was a little shocked when I answered your phone, but I said you were sleeping."

Hunter must've been awake for a while since I have no recollection of hearing my phone ring or him speaking. "What time is it? He knows never to call my phone early in the morning because I won't answer."

"It's nearly one o'clock." My eyes widen. "You've pretty much slept the day away to make up for last night. You looked so peaceful, so I didn't wake you."

His little comment about last night doesn't get past me. My teeth bite down on my lower lip and his smile grows. I hadn't even bothered to shield my chest from where the sheets had slipped down because I no longer feel shy around Hunter.

A body to me was something to have control over. Last night I let go of that control. Instead of feeling insecure of how I look- I felt sensual and powerful.

To people like Noah, I was only a body. For Hunter, I am me. How I look isn't his priority. He makes me feel important and meaningful.

I release a long sigh. "I'm going to go shower to get ready for the remaining sunlight left." I wish he woke me. There's only a few hours before I'd be back in bed again.