Chapter Forty Seven

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Forty Seven

I fluff the pillow on the couch, it being the final touch of me cleaning the entire apartment whilst William spends the afternoon with Chuck on a date to an art gallery a town over

My eyes had finally stopped falling to my ankle, waiting for the pain to mysteriously come back. After being iced and strapped, it feels fine. I must've just stepped badly and rolled it.

I managed to hide the small injury from the cheer team, William, and Hunter- until he had let himself into my room after school when I was placing an ice pack over it.

I had told him I was swamped with calculus homework and had to study after school, which was why he walked carelessly into my room carrying text books and pencils- ready to study with me.

I had no homework in sight, only frustrated sighs and the ice pack over my ankle.

It had been a long afternoon with him properly icing then strapping it for me, meanwhile he managed to squeeze all the stress I had been bottling up off my chest.

The boy was capable of having so much strength over me, more than he knows.

Hunter eventually had to drive Rose to the airport so she can fly back to New York to continue running her family business.

Another bombshell.

Rose's grandfather had started his own company a very long time ago, and it was then handed to his oldest son- Rose's dad. She is an only child so when her father retired, she took over.

Which meant that once Rose decides to step down, Hunter has the option to take over. I no longer questioned his wealth since he affords the apartment, my bracelet, and how his mom helped pay for my hospital stay.

"You know," my eyes dart to the door when Hunter's voice fills the silent air and he casually walks into the apartment. "You're slowly turning into William by not locking the door."

I grin as he walks over and wraps both arms tightly around my waist. "I knew you'd come back over, so why bother?"

Something flashes in his eyes and my stomach tightens at the sight of it. The corner of his lip tugs upward into a smirk, and not his usual smile.

The simple difference changes everything about him, though I started missing this look on his face. It's personalised just for me so that it's not cruel or mean. It's suggestive.

He hooks his fingers through the belt loops of my jeans. "Where's William?" Hunter asks quietly.

I'm pulled closer to him- my front flush against his chest. "He went to the art gallery with Chuck."

"Good." The brown haired boy responds.

The knot in my stomach becomes worse when he snakes a hand up my spine then twists his fingers in my hair. I curl into his body and allow his grip to tighten and pull my head back slightly.