Chapter Fifty

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Fifty

My leg bounces constantly while the excitement riddles my bones

My leg bounces constantly while the excitement riddles my bones. My smile hasn't left my face since we first boarded the plane, and now that we have landed, I sit on the edge of my seat.

"Calm down," Hunter chuckles and places a hand on my knee to stop it from moving. "You're making me nervous to be back here."

"I'm sorry." My eyes stay trained to the front of the plane, waiting for the doors to open. "I'm just so excited for both the wedding and to be in New York for the first time."

"No, no. Don't apologise. I'm glad I'm the one who gets to bring you." He says, looking directly at me though I still stare at the unopened doors. He suddenly laughs. "You're so excited that I'm starting to think you're going to leave me for some New York boy as a reason to stay."

"You are a New York boy, so I've already got one." I place my hand atop his that remains on my knee. I'm beginning to grow impatient for the doors to open- why are they taking so long? "Wait, wait- I think they're opening. People are standing up."

I scoot even further off my chair, getting ready to leap up and get off the plane to lay my eyes on New York for the first time. "Gods, you need to stop being so cute. There's only so much of it I can handle when we're in public. I want to wrap you up and carry you straight to the hotel."

In the corner of my eye I see the man sitting beside Hunter grimace and turn his head the other way. I ignore his comment and finally stand while Hunter grabs our bags from the overhead storage.

He lugs both the small suitcases, declining my offer to carry my own. I step in front of him and stride down the little isle to get to the front doors as quickly as possible without crashing into anyone.

"This is so exciting." I stand on the stop of the stairs, briefly being able to see the top of a lot of buildings. The closest I ever got to traveling was venturing daily from my old home to Lacewood on a train, never once have I been on a plane.

I make sure that I don't fall down the stairs as I go down them, eager to get out of the airport and into the city. The wedding is on Friday night, and it's currently Tuesday meaning we have plenty of time for Hunter to show me around his home town.

It was incredibly sweet of him to purchase both our tickets and organise endless nights to spend together exploring the city that never sleeps.

My feet hit the tar mat, successfully meaning I hadn't tripped down all the stairs. Hunter is hot on my trail as he extends the handles on the two suitcases.