Chapter Thirty Four

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Thirty Four

M E A N I N G F U L M I S T A K E S Chapter Thirty Four

It's been stressful.
I've been stressed.

Every time built the courage to eat something- I am graced with looks from the patients and doctors watching. The voice in my head has never been louder. I almost want to give up.

The thought of running to a toilet dances on my mind each time. I have a shadow when I eat something and they have to check the toilet before I flush to prove that I hadn't purged.

It's humiliating, but I'm slowly getting use to it.

It was easier resisting the food than forcing myself to eat it. I still don't want to. I feel the control slipping from my fingers every minute. I don't like it.

I've been through countless examinations and medical tests for my health and heart rate. I've been told it's stable, but there's been very little progress, if not any.

The part I always hated the most was having to see my psychologist everything Tuesday for an hour, but now I have to see her on Thursday's as well. Two hours every week.

"Just a few more days and you'll be out of this hell hole." Harper says while she welcomes herself into my room and sits on the couch beside me.

"You know, there's always time for your own recovery." I pull on the sleeves of my sweater. "I could show you around town and we could graduate together."

She smiles sadly. "It sounds lovely, but my mom wouldn't let me go to a school or go for as much as a walk. I would need to take care of her."

I frown. "Your mother shouldn't do that."

I've been back here in the ward for nearly two weeks, and it's given me plenty time to get to know Harper. The things I've heard about her mom have made me sick. She doesn't see what she's doing is abusive by keeping her child locked inside.

Harper's mind has been manipulated just like mine was. From what I've heard, she'd been heavily influenced by both her mother and her mother's friend Samantha.

After her father's death, everything down spiralled.

She sighs sadly. "I know." I don't think she sees the extent. "So," she drawls out, "when's lover boy coming over again?"

I laugh at her ginger eyebrows that wiggle. "He should be here any minute now. It's just him today though, my other friends needed a break from coming in everyday. Plus there's a basketball game tonight they need rest before it, but Hunter still demanded he wanted to come here."

"Your friends are so nice." Harper's eyes crack ever so slightly, as if she wanted to cry but she refuses.

"I'm very grateful for them all." My lips stretch to a smile. "Including you."