Prologue

(Third person)
Bellatrix stood in front of the mirror looking at her swollen belly with a small smile on her lips. She knew this child was going to change everything but she could care less. She loved her child and would do anything and everything for her little girl.

A few weeks passed before Bellatrix gave birth to a beautiful girl with dark curls and dark eyes. She had her father's eyes but everything else looked like Bellatrix. Bellatrix held the sweet child while her sister Narcissa watched with a smile.

"My little Natasha, so perfect. I can't wait for your father to meet you. He's going to love you just as I do," Bellatrix cooed to her child. The little girl snuggled up to her mother feeling calm and peaceful. She wanted nothing more than to be in her mother's arms, if only she knew how soon her world was going to shift.

One year later Bellatrix stood in the kitchen making food for her little girl who was crawling on the floor a few feet from her mother.

"Bella," Tom said with a sparkle in his eyes as he glanced at his daughter. "I need to go get somethings will you be okay while I'm gone?"

"Yes. Me and Natty will play with her dolls. Won't we Sweetie?" Bella said putting the plate on the table before scooping Natasha off the floor. Tom kissed both girls cheeks before apperating away. Bella fed her child the tiny pieces of pancakes quickly. Once the food was gone Bella put her daughter back onto the floor before sitting beside her. Bella waved the toys around making her little girl giggle. A crack rang through the house. Bella jumped to her feet expecting Tom but instead Dumbledore stood there with four other people with their wands drawn.

"Give us the girl," Dumbledore said firmly while Bella whipped her own wand out. She placed herself between Dumbledore and Natasha inching closer and closer to her daughter. She just needed to touch her and she'd be able to apperate away.

"No, she's my child!" Bellatrix spat seconds before a spell nailed her. She crumpled to the floor screaming in agony as the cruciatus curse pulsed inside her body. She tried to push through the pain as a woman rushed to her child. She watched helplessly as her child vanished with the woman followed by the rest of Dumbledore's friends.

Inside Dumbledore's office Dumbledore looked at the little girl knowing she could never go back to her parents.

"Albus, what do you plan to do with the child?" Professor Mcgonagall asked him while rocking the sobbing girl.

"We must keep her Minerva," he said before waving his wand. Her appearance changed instantly, her dark hair now hung straight down her back the color turning golden. Next to change was her dark eyes, now blue like Albus's eyes.

"What will you call her?" She asked as he pointed his wand at Natasha locking her memories away before speaking.

"Ashley," he said a wicked twinkle in his eye. He had the key to winning the war in his possession to do with it what he pleased. She wasn't a child to him but a weapon aimed at the heart of the death eaters.

As she grew up her powers grew inside her. A strength many people feared but couldn't change. When she was old enough for hogwarts she met Harry Potter, the boy her father instructed her to be friends with whether she wanted to or not. While Dumbledore kept her from Hogwarts for several years beyond her eleventh birthday eventually he couldn't. She was the same age as Harry Potter going to Hogwarts for her first time but as a fourth year.

"Hello," Ashley smiled at Harry as he stared at her. "I'm Ashley Dumbledore."

"Harry Potter," he said offering her a seat. She plopped down on the train seat with a small forced smile. She wanted to be anywhere but near Harry Potter. She sat in the compartment with Harry but neither spoke as she waited to get to hogwarts. Harry spent the ride talking to his best friends all three glancing at Ashley from time to time. The train finally stopped as everyone scrambled from the train. She climbed into the boat with a few other kids but once again she ignored them. She stayed with the crowd of first years waiting for Minerva to collect them. She had thought of Minerva like a mother and was excited to see her. Professor Mcgonagall walked toward the first years giving the speech Ashley had heard to many times to count and so she tuned out.

"Follow me," she said as the first years walked into the Great Hall. Ashley stood in the middle of the isle her heart pounding in her chest as she stared at the old sorting hat. She began to think about the houses and knew which house her father expected her to get, Gryffindor but all she wanted was to be anywhere else. She wasn't brave and yet her father told her to be in Gryffindor. She clasped her hands together bitting the inside of her cheek as classmate after classmate walked up to the stool to be sorted. Her eyes drifted over to her father who was staring at her causing her to fix her posture before turning her gaze back to the stool. She didn't know which house she would get but she hoped her father wouldn't be angry with her if she wasn't in Gryffindor.

"Ashley Dumbledore!" Mcgonagall's voice rang through the great hall.