Ch. 31 The Balance

After some magic my parents had moved Kyle to a bed inside Malfoy Manor without risking further injury. I stayed beside Kyle waiting for him to wake once he was on the bed. I sat in a chair next to his bed while we waited for the spell to fade enough to heal Kyle. My father told me it wouldn't be weak enough until Kyle woke and even then the healing process wouldn't be pleasant for Kyle. Tears swirled in my dark eyes as I continued to look at him, he looked so peaceful laying there. I reached out taking his hand in mine gently.

"Kyle, I need you so bad," I murmured looking at him. I stared at his broken body with tears brimming my dark gaze. How could someone hurt him so badly? I knew it was because of our relationship they made it impossible to use magic to heal him. They wanted to take everything from me until I had nothing left all because of who my parents are and that is wrong on so many levels and yet still they punish me for my relation to the Dark Lord, Tom Riddle.

"Babe, you need to rest. If you don't rest you won't have the strength to heal him," my mother said softly as I looked over at her. She stood in the doorway with sadness in her eyes. I hated how right she was because I didn't want to be sleeping when he woke but that might be my only chance to heal him. I didn't want to leave him. I looked back at Kyle before I spoke.

"Make sure a house elf stays with him. I want to be woken the second he is awake," I said firmly as I got up. I passed her heading into the room next to Kyle's laying on the bed. I shut my eyes allowing myself to feel all of Kyle's pain. I winced as the pain consumed me until I stopped focusing on Kyle. I drifted off to sleep a few moments later.

"Hello Kyle," Mr. Weasley grinned. "Where's Natasha? She let you come?"

"Leave her out of this," Kyle snapped deflecting a curse sent his direction by Mr. Weasley. Kyle retaliated sending the Cruciatus Curse towards Arthur. He dodged the curse easily before Molly sent a spell hurtling at Kyle from behind. Cuts appeared all of Kyle as he groaned collapsing on the ground Molly smirked at his bloody figure viciously. I could see joy flash across her face as she continued to look at Kyle. Arthur had taken Molly's hand as both my parents rushed to defend Kyle from any further harm.

"Thank Little Riddle for that curse. Say hello for me," Molly whispered in Kyle's ear before she and her husband apperated away just as my parents reached Kyle.

I jolted awake breathing heavily wondering if what I dreamt was how Kyle was injured. Was our bond the reason I dreamt about the fight? I got to my feet walking into Kyle's room needing to be near him desperately. I looked at him sitting on the edge of the bed. I caresses his cheek gently as I gazed down at him. I loved him and he had become a person I couldn't live without. If he was gone nothing would stop the darkness from taking me over as I slaughtered every person related to the order. Nothing would stop me from destroying them all.

"Miss Riddle," Snape drawled from behind me. I didn't look away from Kyle but answered Severus anyway.

"Do you have a potion to heal him?" I asked my voice filled with hope and fear.

"No, your father asked me to get you. He is having a meeting downstairs and he requested you join the meeting," Snape said calmly. I looked over at him my eyes flashing red.

"No. Tell my father no I'll be staying here with Kyle," I said as Snape gave a small nod before apperating to my father. "Kyle. I need you to pull through please. I can't have the future I want if you aren't there with me. Kyle don't do this to me." I said a single tear dragging down my left cheek. I reached up wiping the tear off my cheek. I allowed our magical bond to fill me as I took Kyle's hand in mine. "I love you Kyle." I allowed the bond to transfer some of my powers into Kyle in hopes of helping him be stronger. His pale face filled with life I had missed from Kyle. He looked so lifeless on the bed but after giving him some of my magic he looked like he was sleeping rather than dying. I gave him a weak smile before I got up leaving the room. I glanced at the house elf before I shut the door heading into the living room where Cissy was conversing with my mother.

"Nat," Draco said causing me to face him. His grey eyes filled with concern for me seconds before my facade crumbled and tears streaked my cheeks. Draco wrapped his arms around me allowing my to bury my face in his shoulder. "He's strong Natasha."

"I know but it doesn't make this any easier," I said firmly. I gasped as pain ripped across my chest knocking the breath from my body. "Kyle." I said as I took off running into his room. I froze as his green eyes found mine causing me to rush forward. I whipped my wand out giving him an apologetic look before the agonizing healing process began. His screams filled the room while I tried desperately to ignore the agony we both felt as I healed his body. "I'm sorry." I whispered as my magic made whatever pain he felt worse while it also mended the tears to his flesh, wounds that should have killed him but for some reason didn't.