Ch. 8 Summer

I followed my mother down the hallway and into her bedroom. She turned to me as I sat on her bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her seeing a glimpse of fear in her eyes.

"Please don't go to Hogwarts after break," she said as I got to my feet. I threw my arms around her waist without a second of hesitation. I just held her in my arms as the cruelest death eater pleaded with me to stay with her forever. "Merlin, I can't lose you baby."

"You won't lose me mommy," I whispered slowly pulling out of her embrace. "I'm so much stronger than you know. My...Dumbledore... he was terrified of me so much so that he wouldn't let me go to Hogwarts to practice magic until I was super old." I kicked myself for almost calling Dumbledore Dad and I saw the brief flash of pain in her eyes at my slip.

"I know Nat but that doesn't stop the feeling I get knowing you will have to be in the same building as Dumbledore without our protection," my mother said caressing my cheek. "I didn't realize how much I loved you until they took you. God I can't live without you."

"I love you mom," I said with a sad smile. I missed all of the milestones with my mom and Dad. "I won't leave you and I can handle Dumbledore."

"I know but you shouldn't have to," she whispered softly.

"I know but that's life," I said simply as she clung to my arm. "Where's dad anyway?"

"He went to track something down. He tells me nothing anymore," she said with slight annoyance in her voice as I leaned on her shoulder.

"What do you want to do?" I asked her as she looked at me.

"I don't think what I want to do would get you points with the ministry," my mom said with a smirk. I sighed softly frowning. I wanted to do something fun with mom but yet again I may not be allowed to.

"How close is Lucius to the top of the chain in the ministry? Could he maybe block my magic tracker?" I asked as she grinned.

"That's perfect!" She sprinted down the hallway to locate Lucius. A smile played at my lips as I slowly followed her through the house barely keeping my mother in my sight.

"Lu!" She called causing him to face her.

"Yes," he said before his polite smile fell upon seeing my mother grinning at him. "Oh no!" He grumbled as I caught up to them.

"I need you to block Nat's magical trace. I want to train her," my mother said as she slipped her arm around my waist.

"But that's a huge risk. I'm sure Dumbledore would anticipate that," Lucius said simply as she frowned.

"It's not like he could prove a thing," she snapped as Uncle Lucius sighed.

"Fine but if this goes bad don't say I didn't warn you," Lucius said before apperating away to do as my mother asked.

"Until then do you want to drink some polyjuice potion and go shopping?" I asked her softly. She nodded running off to find some that my parents had started storing around the house for occasions like this. She returned looking like Aunt Cissy.

"Ready baby?" She said holding her arm out to me. I took her hand with a smirk as she apperated to Diagon Alley. Once we landed she wrapped her arm around my shoulders leading me into various stores starting with the pet store. My lips parted as I spotted a beautiful white snake with bright blue eyes. The snake's head whipped toward me with its blue gaze holding my eyes. Both our eyes flashed red causing my mother to gasp at the sight before she left to purchase the snake who we found out was a girl.

"What's your name?" I asked the snake using parseltongue I didn't even realize I knew.

"No one cared enough to give me a name," she said before I opened the cage scaring the store owner. I ignored the store owner's protests as I let the snake wind up my arm.

"What would you like to be called beauty?" I asked as she rested her head on my arm.

"How about Silvie?" She asked as a smile spread across my lips.

"Perfect," I told her as my mother watched us with a grin seeing how much I was like my father. She drank some more potion making sure she didn't turn back to her true form. "Cissy," I said careful not to call her mother. "Are you ready to go home?"

"Yes but first we must stop at a store before leaving," she said as I followed her. My mother led me into Knockturn Alley and into the darkest shop in the entire shopping area. Once inside the store own looked at me then my mother who started to transform into her true self again.

"What can I help the great Bellatrix Lestrange with today?" The man said ignoring me completely as if I was nothing. Anger flared within me causing my eyes to flash a bright red and a glass to shatter beside me. Both eyes went to me. The man looked terrified and my mother looked amused. "I'm sorry miss." He stammered making my mother laugh as I gave him a firm nod.

"I want to get a more suitable wand for my daughter," she said as he rushed around the store frantically looking for a wand. Instead of waiting for him I walked up to a wand I saw in a locked case in the very back of the store.

"I don't think you are supposed to touch that wand," my snake hissed.

"Shh," I told her using a wandless nonverbal unlocking spell before I opened the case. The shop owner yelled for me to stop but instead I grabbed the wand as a bright light filled the room blinding everyone. Power rushed through my body as I smiled at the feeling. This was the wand I was meant to have from the start had Dumbledore not stopped me from becoming who I was meant to be...