Ch. 47 Home

I stayed on the floor a few feet from my mother and Hermione going unnoticed for the time being.

"What else did you steal? I don't take kindly to people who take what belongs to me," my mother spat with rage in her dark eyes. My mom stood over Hermione with tension rippling through her whole body as she glared at Hermione.

"I didn't take anything," Hermione whimpered knowing my mom wouldn't hold back.

"Liar," my mom snarled before she used the Cruciatus curse. I flinched away even though the curse wasn't directed at me. Hermione's screams filled the manor. She wasn't able to keep her pain hidden the way I did. My mom stopped the curse before carving a word into Hermione's arm, Mudblood. Once my mother had tired of Hermione she turned her dark eyes to me. She looked at me with slight confusion as she took notice of the chains and my weakened state. "What did you do to the girl?" She asked Hermione who said nothing in response.

"Bella," Draco said walking towards me. His hand hovered over the chains before standing to face my mom. "She has magical binding chains on. I don't think Granger told the truth."

"Take them off her," my mom ordered instantly. Draco pulled them off me before he scooped me into his arms. He placed me on the couch gently. My mother opened her mouth to speak when chaos broke out. Harry and Ron has their wands demanding my mom free Hermione. My mother used Hermione as a shield from Harry and Ron. Harry's eyes drifted over to me before we all heard a squeaking. My mother barely jumped out of the way of the falling chandelier. Once Hermione had reached Harry and Ron, Dobby had thrown a dagger towards me. I didn't have time to react before the blade was embedded in my abdomen. I winced my hands touching the blade gently. Even though the trio escaped my mother had managed to throw her dagger into the disapperation. I felt Hermione's magic fade as the distance severed her spells. Pain filled my body as I cried out.

"Mom," I murmured as she turned to face me eyes wide.

"Oh Merlin, Natasha," my mother gasped rushing over to me. She looked at the dagger before ripping it out of my stomach. I whimpered as my blood covered my flesh. My mother quickly muttered a healing spell closing the wound. The pain from the dagger was gone and all that remained was the effects of the Cruciatus curse.

"They wanted to know our plans. I didn't tell them," I said trying to get up. My mother helped me up as I looked around the room. My magic lashed out blasting a couch across the room as my frustration reached its peak. They had taken me from school and I was unsure how they managed to get me.

"It's okay Natasha. We will get them next time," my mom said stroking my dark hair to calm me.

"I want the mudblood to suffer," I said darkly. "She didn't listen and tried to torture the information she wanted out of me." I saw concern flitter across my mother's features before she spoke.

"She's yours I promise," my mom said helping me up to my room. She set me on my bed and within minutes both my father and my fiancé had arrived. Kyle ran to me pulling me tightly against his body.

"Tasha," his voice flowed through me sending a wave of calmness across my body.

"Ky," I whispered as he rubbed my back crawling into the bed beside me.

"I felt your pain. I wanted to help you but your location was hidden by magic," Kyle said cupping my cheek.

"It's okay. I'm okay," I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"I was scared I was going to lose you. Your father watched me as I felt your pain. He was terrified of what was happening," Kyle whispered in my ear.

"I'm okay now," I whispered to him gently. I relaxed as I lay across his body. "I just need to rest and I'll explain everything." I murmured before I drifted to sleep.
- - -
I woke to a cold bed a few hours later. I got up grabbing a dark green silk dress with a tight corseted top. The dress had long sleeves that cane to a point on my hands. Once dressed I made my way slowly downstairs still recovering slightly from the Cruciatus curse. I found my parents sitting at the dining room table with Kyle leaning against the wall a few feet away.

"Do you want me to tell you what happened or do you know enough already?" I asked them softly.

"I need to know what spells?" Kyle asked with a protective anger in his gaze.

"The Cruciatus curse," I muttered. "She never let up on the curse. I don't know how I didn't lose my mind."

"You are stronger than the average witch Natasha even with binding chains on," my father said simply. "Considering how long Kyle was crying out in pain I agree that you shouldn't be sane."

"We will get them," Kyle said walking towards me. His arm rested on my waist holding me close to his body.

"I don't doubt it," I smiled at Kyle. I leaned against Kyle allowing myself to focus on the attraction between us rather than the remnants of pain the Cruciatus curse left behind. Kyle was the calming force that always cleared away the agony I felt and for that reason I knew what we had was an undeniable love. I loved him just as he loved me and nothing could pull us apart.