Ch. 34 Goodbye

I faced my mother once we had finished packing and saw tears building in her eyes that she was refusing to let fall.

"Mommy," I said wrapping my arms around her. "I love you." I whispered taking in her smell trying to remember everything about her.

"I love you too baby," she said running her fingers through my dark curls gently her eyes full of love. She loved me so fiercely in a way I hadn't felt with Dumbledore. She would go to the ends of both the Wizarding and Muggle world to keep me safe and happy.

"If you need me I promise I'll be there in a heartbeat mom," I said firmly with strength radiating off me body as she sat on the bed pulling me down onto the mattress beside her.

"I know baby," she said holding my hand tightly in hers. "I promise I'll do my best to keep in touch with you but I'm sure you father warned you that I may not be able to."

"Yeah," I said softly looking down at our intertwined hands. "It's okay though. I'll have that internship with Delores and Kyle will be here. Worse case scenario I can hang with Draco," I said flashing my mother a playful smirk.

"You really love Kyle," she said causing me to look into her eyes with an I repressible smile on my lips.

"I do and I can't explain why or how but I love him so much," I said after a moment causing a smile to spread across her face mirroring my own grin.

"It's a bond like the one I have with your father. It's like something other than yourself is pushing you to him and it's scary but so amazing. You finally have someone who can understand every thought and feeling and lift the burden with you," she said her eyes glazed with joyful tears.

"Exactly. I barely knew Kyle and yet I wanted him around me whenever possible. I hadn't realized the bond we shared until the bond was so strong that we felt each other's emotions without effort," I told her as she nodded before looking up at the door where my father stood looking at us both.

"Bella," he said coming to sit on my mother's other side. She took his hand with her other hand holding both of our hands just enjoying having us all together.

"I know it's time," she whispered leaning her head on his shoulder as his arm looked around her waist. Her hand still clung to mine for a few more moments before she got up wiping the tears off her cheeks.

"I love you mom," I said wrapping my arms around her tightly. I didn't pull away and instead continued to embrace her as she smiled weakly at me.

"Sweetie. I love you too," she said reluctantly wiggling out of my arms. She touched my cheek briefly before facing my father. She pressed her lips to his firmly as a warmth spread between them. I smiled at the sight before she turned away grabbing her bag.

"Be careful my little Star," My father whispered in her ear causing her cheeks to flush at the loving name he used for her.

"Always love," she said in return before her eyes fell to me. Tears continued to pour down my cheeks as she frowned at me. "Don't cry baby. I'll be back soon I promise. I love you so much. You are so strong baby and for that reason I know you'll be fine."

"Doesn't mean I won't miss you," I said my voice cracking with emotion as I spoke to her. She took my hand in hers rubbing her thumb across my hand to give me some comfort.

"I'll miss you both so much," she said planting a kiss on my forehead before she apperated away. Both my father and I stood silently still in the room looking at the spot she used to be. We looked there for several minutes before our eyes found each other's.

"She'll be okay Nat," he said firmly as I nodded. He wrapped me in his arms for a few moments easing the tension in my body before he gave me a regretful look. He was leaving now and he felt guilty about it. I flashed him the best smile I could to indicate I'd be alright. He looked me over once more before he too apperated somewhere else leaving me standing in their bedroom alone. I took one last glance around the room before I walked out of the room to find something to do. I headed to the library deciding to read up on spells so I'd be ready to fight when the time came. I sat on a chair in the corner of the room with a pile of books beside me. I flipped through the books my eyes reading each word carefully trying to memorize everything I read.

"Hey princess," Kyle's voice broke through the quiet room causing me to jump my brown eyes locking onto his jade eyes.

"Hi," I said getting to my feet walking over to Kyle.

"Came to offer you dinner," he said as my eyes widened. I glanced at the clock in shock before taking Kyle's hand.

"Lost track of time but I'm ready to go when you are," I told him as he laughed.

"I could tell," he said as I blushed.

"I tend to react badly to separation. I fall into books whenever I have a problem which in itself is an issue," I said as Kyle draped his arm around my waist pulling my body against his as we walked through the house towards the dining room.

"It's okay. I get it and I'm here if you need anything," Kyle whispered against my hair before his lips touched the top of my head.

"Thanks," I smiled back at him as we entered the dining room. I sat down beside Kyle while Draco, Cissy and Lucius all sat in there normal seats. My parents' spots were kept vacant, a reminder of the people I was missing.