Ch. 43 Holidays

The next few weeks had passed quickly and soon it was time to return to the manor. I had regained most of my powers since I transferred my father's horcrux. Today was the day we were leaving for the holiday break and I hadn't bothered to pack anything as I could easily get anything I needed while on break. Draco looped his arm through mine walking towards the forbidden forest to apperate us home. Once home I was immediately greeted by Kyle and Cissy. I smiled hugging Cissy before turning my full attention to Kyle.

"Hey," I said with a smirk. He grinned at me taking in my appearance before pulling me in for a tender kiss. I relaxed in his arms allowing the fire to run through my entire body. He released me as we broke the kiss.

"I missed you," he said as I smiled at him.

"I missed you too," I said firmly. "Where are my parents?" I asked him noticing their absence. I had hoped to see them right away; I missed them.

"Your father is dealing with a slight problem and your mother went to find you an outfit for tonight," Kyle told me as I nodded in understanding.

"I have somethings to discuss with them at some point over the break," I murmured as he took my hand in his.

"Your mother should be back any minute. Is there something I can do for you?" He asked as I sighed.

"The Carrows aren't acting like themselves. They are attacking students with unforgivable curses and a few nasty hexes, including me. I need to find out why and protect the students," I said firmly as his eyes widened. "They seem to be targeting me specifically."

"There is only one answer I could think of and that would be the imperious curse," Kyle said simply as I nodded.

"My thoughts exactly," I told him. "But who is doing this?"

"Probably a Weasley," Kyle said to me.

"How do I reverse it or at the very least free them from it," I asked as he pondered trying to find a good reply.

"There isn't a way I can think of but I also don't have your magical abilities," Kyle said as ideas rushed through my head. I might be able to use my magic to beat the curse currently inside Alecto and Amycus.

"I have an idea but I'll need to ask my father before I try it," I said when I heard a crack. Without having to look I knew it was my mom. I spun around a bright smile on my face. "Mom!" I threw my arms around her waist as her arms wrapped around me.

"How's my little death eater doing?" She whispered fondly in my ear with one of her hands holding the back of my head.

"Tired but happy to be home," I muttered with a soft grin leaning against her. I pulled back and watched my mother's smile fade as she saw the dark circles under my eyes. I hadn't been sleeping much as I had to be careful of the Carrows.

"What happened to you?" She asked caressing my cheek briefly.

"There is something wrong with the Carrows but I need to speak with dad about it before I try to fix it," I said softly as her eyes filled with a fiery protectiveness.

"Have they hurt you?" She asked as the first encounter I had flashed through my head before I could put up my mental shield. I watched my mother's dark eyes shift from protective and loving to vengeful and pissed off.

"Mom don't do anything!" I said my hand shooting out grabbing her arm. "I can handle this I promise. It barely hurt." Anxiety and fear filled my body at my mother who looked ready to kill someone.

"I should kill them on sight!" She rambled sounding like a crazy person saying that same sentence with slight variations. "They should be dead. I should make sure they die for this!" Her rambling continued for a few more minutes before I stepped in.

"Mom!" I shouted halting her muttering. Her eyes looked into my serious eyes. "I'm. Fine." I said slowly but leaving no room for argument. "I can handle them myself."

"Fine but only if your father agrees with whatever plan you have," she said reluctantly after an intense staring contest.

"Thank you," I breathed out relieved as I hugged her. "Now, I'm going to change into the dress I know you have for me upstairs."

"Kyle. Stay close," my mother told him as he nodded. I walked up to my room Kyle a few steps behind me like a shadow. I grabbed the beautiful dark green fabric holding the dress up. The dress fell in waves all the way to the floor with a train. I stepped into the bathroom slipping the right dress on looking at the lace front of the dress that covered my arms completely. The lace stopped at my waist where the dress flowed loosely to the floor. I left my hair in neat curls and putting concealer on my dark circles before leaving the bathroom. I grabbed my black stilettos putting them on. I looked at Kyle who used magic to change his casual outfit into a suit.

"You look stunning," he said softly as heat rushed to my cheeks.

"Thank you," I said taking his arm.

"Your father has arrived. Would you like to speak with him now or wait for the party?" Kyle asked me.

"This matter is serious. I can't wait. Tell my mother I will most likely be arriving late with my dad," I said releasing his arm. I walked out of the room and straight to my father. My magic felt his so I knew exactly where he was. I stood in front of his study for a moment trying to work through what to say to my father before I opened the door. I stepped into his office as he looked at me with a grin. I didn't smile at him the seriousness weighing on me. "We need to talk. Now."