Ch. 16 Dad

I could feel my father's presence as I looked around Riddle Manor. His eyes found mine quickly as he ran to me.

"Nat!" He said looking me over. "Are you alright?"

"No my magic lashed out at Hogwarts. I think I'm passed out in McGonagall's office," I murmured. "I tried to stop the magic but I couldn't and then I must have passed out. At least it was with Minerva. She'll take care of me unlike Dumbledore."

"Your mother was terrified when we returned to Malfoy manor to a sobbing Narcissa and you gone. We thought the worst," my father said as I looked at him sadly.

"They were going to hurt Cissy. I couldn't let them," I said firmly. "He said he was taking me to Hogwarts so I went. He can't kill me but as long as I play along looking like Ashley again he will treat me the way he used to. That means I can't see or help Dray anymore."

"I'll make sure he gets the help he needs even if you can't provide the assistance," my father said his eyes flashing red. "That man will pay for taking you again!"

"I don't doubt that you'll make him pay," I said softly. "Can you bring mom here? I want to see here."

"I'll try but I might not be able to have her here for long," he said simply. Within a few moments my mother appeared in this dream like trance my father had pulled us into.

"Oh thank Merlin," my mother said pulling me into her arms.

"I'm fine. Minerva will protect me for now until you all figure out how to take Dumbledore out," I said simply as my mother caressed my cheeks.

"Please, be careful my love. I can't bare to lose you again," she said as I smiled at her.

"I will, I promise," I told her firmly.

"She's waking Bella," my father whispered as they both started to fade from view.

My eyes flew open to a worried Minerva adjusting a cold cloth on my forehead.

"You're awake!" She said a smile spreading across her face.

"Yeah. How long have I been out?" I asked softly.

"A few hours. I was five minutes from calling Poppy to come look at you but then you work up," she said as I sat up wincing as I did so.

"Everything hurts," I whimpered causing Minerva to pull out her wand.

"You depleted your magic so you must be feeling weak from that," she said as I groaned.

"I can't defend myself like this," I muttered as Minerva gave me a troubled look.

"I'll ask Albus if you can stay with me a few days to settle back into your lifestyle before finding out your heritage," Minerva said firmly. "He doesn't have to know how weak you are."

"Thank you," I said wrapping my arms around Minerva.

"Anything for you," she said with a smile. I winced as I adjusted myself on the couch when Minerva got up. She walked over to the bookshelf grabbing me a few books handing them to me. "I'll go talk to Dumbledore but while I do that I'll have Poppy come and check you over until I get back."

"Thank you Minerva," I said with a soft smile on my lips. She turned to grab her wand sending a Patronus to Poppy. Within a few moments Minerva and Poppy has switched places.

"I'm going to run a quick scan to confirm what Professor McGonagall told me," she said waving her wand. I watched Poppy's face fill with concern.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly.

"Your magic core is fractured from a combination of your own magic use and a spell meant to strip magic but didn't have enough power to work," she whispered as my lips parted. The pain I felt when Dumbledore came was because he tried to take my powers.

"Will I heal?" I questioned as she pursed her lips.

"Maybe but I can't be sure until more time passes," she muttered as tears pooled in my eyes. My magic was the one thing I didn't let Dumbledore hurt but somehow he found a way to take that from me too.

"How long?" I asked as she sighed.

"I'll know by tomorrow," she said as I looked down at my hands unable to look at her while I processed the knowledge that I may never use magic again. "I promise you'll get through this Ashley." I looked up at her my eyes flashing red with anger. The small amount of magic I had left allowed my eyes to turn red with my irritation.

"Magic is the only thing I had that no one could take from me and now I may be a Squib!" I said tears rushing down my cheeks. "If I'm a Squib I may as well be dead because I won't be of use to Dumbledore anymore. He'll kill me first chance he gets because that's who he is."

"Is there anyway I can make this easier?" Poppy asked as I frowned. What I wanted I knew she couldn't get me. I needed my parents but I couldn't see them. I wanted Draco but Dumbledore made it clear I'm not to see him.

"There isn't anyway you could help me because the people I need I'm not allowed to see," I said simply detaching from my emotions.

"I can try," she said firmly as tears continued to fall down my cheeks.

"I need Draco," I whispered unable to trust Poppy enough to ask for my parents. "Draco is the one I need to talk to. He might be able to ease the pain some. Draco always knows what to do but Dumbledore forbid me from talking to him!"

"He wouldn't dare argue with me. I'll get Mr. Malfoy here," she said her voice firm as she rushed from the room to retrieve Draco for me. While I sat there alone waiting I thought of all the things I wouldn't be able to do without magic. I would be useless without my powers!