Ch.13 The Holidays

The year passed slowly and soon it was time for holiday break. Draco still hadn't figured out how to fix the cabinet but he was getting closer each day. I could feel his magic strengthening with each attempt at fixing the cabinet. I wouldn't be long before he would repair the cabinet and Dumbledore would pay. He would pay for the things he has done to my family and I couldn't be happier about that.

I started packing up my stuff as today was the day we would be leaving. I hadn't heard from anyone since I was at the manor but I didn't blame them. I knew my mail would be checked thoroughly and it wouldn't be safe to receive letters. I forced the last of my essentials into my trunk not bothering to pack everything as I would be returning after break. I raced to the great hall with my small bag to eat breakfast. I frowned when I saw Draco without a packed trunk.

"Dray!" I called to him as his eyes locked onto me. He got up approaching me. "Are you staying?"

"Yeah I am," he said softly. When our eyes locked we had a silent conversation about his need to stay. I knew he wanted to mend the cabinet by himself and planned to stay over break working on the cabinet.

"I guess I'll see you when I get back," I told him with disappointment in my dark gaze. I wrapped Draco in a tight hug before walking away. I grabbed a piece of toast on my way out of the great hall. Instead of taking the train to the station I walked to Hogsmeade. Draco had set up a place with Cissy to pick me up to avoid the stares of other students. I went into Honeydukes to meet my aunt. She arrived within a few minutes. Cissy instantly pulled me into a warm embrace making a smile tug at my lips.

"You ready?" She asked as I nodded. I gripped her arm tightly while she apperated us to the manor. The moment we landed I let go of her arm sprinting up the walkway and into the house. I raced through the halls until I found my mother. I threw my arms around her waist almost knocking her off her feet. Her arms wrapped around me as a smile spread across her face. Her hand reached up stroking my dark hair.

"Nat," she breathed holding me close.

"Mommy," I whispered against her shoulder letting her touch calm the tension in my body.

"It's been so long since we received any word from Draco about you," she whispered stroking my cheek.

"He got busy trying to fix the cabinet for dad," I told her. "Plus I think he hasn't been sleeping well. I think he was worried about me."

"Why would he be worried Natasha?" My mother questioned. I sighed taking a small step back.

"The first day back at Hogwarts Dumbledore confronted me in the astronomy tower. We argued for a moment before I stormed away but I think my conversation with Dumbledore spooked Draco. He was furious and insisted I sleep in the room of requirement if I stayed at Hogwarts," I told her watching as the same anger Draco displayed swirled in my mother's eyes. "I can handle Dumbledore mom. I promise."

"I know you think you can but I still need to tell your father what that man has done," she said as I reluctantly nodded. "Where's the rest of your things?"

"Didn't think I needed them and brought only the things I couldn't live without," I told her simply. She had her arm still wrapped around my waist as we walked through the house to where Cissy and Lucius were talking. "When will Father return?"

"Soon I think. Lately he has been asking about you Natasha," Lucius said as I grinned. I knew he loved me but I wasn't sure if he thought about me enough to ask.

"Draco is close to fixing the cabinet," I told them as Cissy's grin widened. "He's so close to have the magic to repair it."

"I wasn't sure if you would fix the cabinet or Draco but I'm glad he's the one working on the cabinet," Lucius said trying to hide his smile.

"Draco is very good at magic," I said with a smirk. "He is a Black descendant after all." I watched as both my mom and Cissy smiled at the comment while Lucius faked a glare.

"And his Malfoy blood has nothing to do with that ability," Lucius said with his voice dripping with sarcasm. I laughed at him before I heard a pop of apperation. The only person with the ability to apperate directly into the manor was my father. I slipped from my mother's arms running to my father's study. I knocked on the door waiting to be invited in.

"Come in," he said firmly. I threw the door open as his eyes widened filling with joy.

"Hey dad," I said rushing into his arms. He wrapped his arms around me holding me close.

"Natasha," he smiled kindly.

"I missed you," I whispered as he held me closer.

"It's been hard without you here," he said softly before releasing me. We both turned to see my mother standing in the doorway watching us with a grin.

"I hated not being able to speak with you both. Hogwarts was lonely this year," I said softly as my father looked into my dark gaze. "I'm a Gryffindor who no longer has friends because I'm a Riddle. The only person who talks to me does so because Dumbledore wants me back. I've been spending my nights sleeping in the room of requirement for safety."

"What do you meant Dumbledore wants you back?" My father roared his eyes flashing bright red as I winced at his harsh tone.

"On night one he followed me to astronomy tower. He told me the he would get me back and I argued with him for a moment before I stormed away from him," I told my father slowly as his entire body stiffened with rage.

"That man won't lay a finger on you! I won't let him get away with this," he growled as I reached toward my father taking his hand making his eyes lock onto mine.

"I'll be okay dad. He can't hurt me anymore. My powers are stronger now," I said softly as his eyes returned to their normal color.

"I know Nat, I just worry about you," he said as I wrapped my arms around him trying to calm his fears. I wouldn't let Dumbledore take this away from me.