Ch. 49 Limbo

I handed Kate to Kyle ignoring her whining as I did. I needed to be ready for anything. I stepped forward standing beside my father. I stared at Harry listening as my father spoke to the boy who lived.

"You were brave until the very end," my father told him as my heart clenched knowing he wouldn't live to see tomorrow. He may have been cruel but he was only cruel because he didn't know who Dumbledore truly was. "Do you want to hear the truth or continue to force my hand?" Harry responded with a spell hurtling towards me. I flew backwards crashing against the dirt roughly before darkness creeped at the edge of my vision. The last thing I heard before I was consumed completely was Katie screaming.
- - -
I opened my eyes to find myself standing in a white train station. It was quite with no one around other than two people standing twenty feet from me. I saw Harry talking with Dumbledore. I stayed hidden behind a pillar until Dumbledore left Harry alone before stepping out of the shadows.

"Harry," I whispered as his eyes found mine. "Please listen. I know you aren't dead and if you want to stay that way you need to listen."

"What do I need to know so bad that it will change everything?" He questioned and I could see an emotion in his eyes I hadn't see before and it was conflict between sides. I wasted no time as I closed the distance between us. I stepped forward putting my fingertips to each of his temples locking minds with him. My entire life, start to finish, flooded through his head before he fell to his knees. He breathed heavily before the room grew brighter until I couldn't see anything.
- - -
I took a sharp breath as my eyes flew open. I could feel my mother's arms around me holding my body close to her own. I shot up as the death eaters gasped. My mother had a teary smile as I got to my feet.

"Is he dead?" My father asked as I shook my head.

"No but he understands now," I muttered when I felt a small hand grab mine. I looked down at Kate giving her my best smile trying to reassure her even though I felt slightly drained.  Limbo depleted my energy.

"I'm sorry," Harry murmured. "I didn't know."

"It's okay. He fooled a lot of people," I said simply not looking away from Katie. I scooped her up ignoring the ache in my body as I held her. "You need to tell people Harry. They won't listen to us." I said my dark eyes connecting with Harry's green gaze.

"I will," he said firmly and I believed him. I gave Harry a weak smile as Kyle put his arm around my waist. "Come with me." Harry said simply as I looked at him.

"Okay," I said walking forward away from Kyle. I walked beside Harry towards the castle with Kate's head resting on my shoulder as we walked. "I'm nervous."

"I think most will side with me," Harry said as I frowned.

"Most of the Weasleys won't. Are you ready for that?" I asked grabbing his arm stopping him. He turned towards me with his pain showing in his eyes. He stared at the forest floor before answering me.

"No but it needs to be done," he sighed looking up at me. "Look. I'm sorry for the stuff I did to you. I honestly thought Dumbledore was telling the truth."

"It's okay Harry. I'm sorry for how I have acted towards you as well. I knew you didn't know the truth and I still treated you poorly," I said softly as he nodded. Without another word we continued towards the castle with the rest of the army a few feet behind us following.

"Look. It's Harry," Ginny yelled pointing at him. Her gaze quickly found me as her brown eyes filled with confusion.

"Don't fight," Harry shouted as people had raised their wand. "Dumbledore lied to us. He caused this battle and for that reason I am finishing it. We won't hunt the death eaters and instead we will try to mend the broken relationships Dumbledore has caused."

"Never!" A woman with blue eyes growled with hatred. "She corrupted my child!" A man with red hair stood beside her nodding in agreement. Kate held me tighter as everything clicked into place, these were her parents. Rage pooled in my chest as I looked at the Thrushs. "She is just like her father, cruel in every way!"

"No she's not!" Kate yelled out struggling in my arms. I reluctantly set her down knowing that's what Kate wanted. Kate's blue eyes looked at her parents with defiance while she spoke. "She has been nothing but kind since I got to Hogwarts. She cared when you left me!" Tears cascaded down Katie's cheeks. I knelt down turning her towards me wiping her tears away. I couldn't stand to see the pain in her eyes.

"Katie. It's okay. They don't understand but it's okay. I'm sure they love you in their own way Kate," I said softly. I didn't want to give her to her parents but I knew if she didn't at least get closure she wouldn't get passed it. Even if her parents were horrible they were still her parents and she would have feelings for them regardless even if she didn't want to.

"How could we love a Slytherin," her father snapped as I got up glaring at him.

"Look at your daughter. She's scared and in tears and instead of helping her you deny her," I said frustration in my voice. "I love this little girl with all my heart and if you can't I will love her until my last breath because she deserves to know love."

"Keep her then," the mother retorted as I picked Katie up.

"I will," I said coolly. Harry strode forward talking with many of the order members quickly figuring out which would be a problem. Within twenty minutes with the help of my father and Harry those who were firmly on Dumbledore's side were taken into custody. All the Weasleys apart from Fred, George and Ginny were arrested. Kingsley and the Thrushs were also taken to Azkaban as well.

A few weeks passed and in that time a lot had been decided. Harry had decided that the ministry needed co-ministers of magic one from each side. My father was made one while surprisingly Hermione was the other. I used my magic to clean up the school which only took a few days. I stood looking at the castle grounds with a smile. The battle was finally over and the Wizarding world seemed to be at peace once more and this time it was a peace that would last.

[A/N]: One final chapter left before the story comes to a close. I was thinking of doing a lost Malfoy child story. What do you think?