Ch. 20 Anxiety

I sat in the Malfoy library with two death eaters standing around. I tried my best to keep my body guards entertained but after a few weeks I had given up especially when my father ordered me to let them work. I held a book trying to research a way to get my magic back so I didn't need body guards but I hadn't found a single way to repair the damage done. I shut yet another book I had been looking at putting the book back before deciding to stop looking at the collection of materials for the day.

"If you guys want to take me to Diagon Alley I would appreciate it," I said softly as one of the men offered me their arm. We apperated to Diagon Alley and luckily my father sent death eaters no one knew about so I didn't have to hide them. They were similar to my uncle that way. We walked around the color shops looking around. I stepped into a bookstore running my fingers along the bindings of books when in the streets I saw him. Albus Dumbledore was standing in front of the store looking inside patiently. I wasn't sure if he knew I was here or not but either way I wasn't staying to find out. I grabbed one of the death eaters arm.

"Apperate now," I said. While I apperated back to the manor with one of my guards the other stayed behind to make sure Dumbledore didn't follow. Once in the manor I succumbed to my panic sliding down the wall and onto the floor breathing erratically.

"Nat," my aunt was at my side in a second. She couched down beside me while tears raced down my cheeks.

"I saw him," I said while trying and failing to calm my anxiety. "He was at Diagon Alley."

"Dumbledore?" She gasped as I gave her a look that said it all. "Call him, Now!" She said more loudly when the death eater didn't look like he was going to call my father. Within seconds my father arrived with two of his best fighters, the Lestrange brothers. He saw my sobbing form and the teary eyed Narcissa struggling to calm me.

"Explain," he turned to the only one of my two guards present at the moment.

"She noticed Dumbledore standing outside a store in Diagon Alley. She ordered me to take her home and then she had a very emotional reaction to the encounter," he said while the Lestrange brothers relaxed their stances while my father tried to calm the rage inside him to better comfort me. He got onto the floor pulling me into his arms ignoring the stares he was getting from his followers. He had learned to show his care for me without worry about what anyone else would say.

"It's alright Nat. You are okay and he can't get to you. You have so many who love you that he can't possibly touch you," my father said firmly while he rubbed my back. I found my anxiety fading the longer my father held me. He released me once I had stopped sobbing against him. "Cissy why don't you get Nat something to drink and as for the rest of you, you may leave." The Lestranges left instantly but the man who had been guarding me remained.

"With all due respect my Lord but I'd like to stay here if I may. I wish to make sure Miss Riddle is okay before I leave," he said as both my father and I stared at him like he had turned into Fluffy.

"Very well," my father said after a moment.

"Here my Lord," Cissy said handing my father a cup of hot chocolate. I sipped the drink while my father watched me.

"Are you feeling any better Miss Riddle?" My guard asked me softly with concern in his green gaze.

"Yes thank you," I said with a small smile. "What is your name? I feel that I should know your name."

"Oh I'm Kyle Matthews," he said to me.

"Well thank you for helping me Kyle," I said softly while my father got up. He turned to offer me his hand which I took to get up.

"Honestly it was a pleasure. You are pretty funny when you are trying to distract us," Kyle said as I burst out laughing.

"I couldn't tell from your poker face," I said while my father looked between Kyle and me in slight confusion.

"Is there something I should know?" He asked us while I looked over at my father.

"Remember when protection detail first started, I tried to entertain the guards but you said it was a distraction. Well apparently Kyle here found it funny," I said as my father nodded. His neutral face turned into a frown as he took a long look at me.

"Are you alright Natasha. I am being called which I can ignore if I need to," he said but I waved him off.

"I'm okay dad," I said seconds before he vanished. "Guess that just leaves us Kyle."

"That it does Princess," he said with a smirk. "To the library?"

"To the library," I said with a smile. We walked in silence into the library where I found my pile of books untouched since we left earlier. I sat down and surprisingly Kyle sat across from me grabbing one of my books.

"What is it that you are looking for?" He asked reading the title of the book.

"A way to get my powers back," I said while his eyes locked onto mine in shock. "Dumbledore damaged them and I want them back."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Can I help you look?" He asked me while I nodded.

"That would be great. It will take half as much time to look if you help," I said firmly. He wasted no time flipping through books bringing another smile to my face.