Ch. 29 Conversations

I arrived home tracking down my father instantly to inform him what I had learned from Minerva. I knocked on his office door before I barged into his office. His eyes snapped up from whatever papers he was looking at to find mine.

"What is it Nat?" He asked as I sat down.

"Harry was tasked with finding six items you care about to destroy them. I don't know what or why and neither does Professor McGonagall" I said to him.

"I know what he's looking for but he won't find anything now," my father said firmly.

"Care to share?" I asked him and I could see him debating telling me or not.

"I made several Horcruxes and I think that is what Mr. Potter has been tasked to destroy," my father said as my lips parted.

"I think you should make more. If there are more he won't know about them," I said firmly as my father shook his head.

"I could but my time is better spent protecting the ones I have as well as figuring out how to end Mr. Potter," my father spoke. My heart raced as Minerva's request echoed in my head.

"Dad, Minerva had a request after she gave me what she knew. She asked me to try and save Harry if at all possible," I said cautiously as his eyes flashed red momentarily.

"Why?" He demanded as I looked into his eyes.

"He was misguided Like so many others and because of that she wants us to try our best to correct him rather than kill him. I warned her I could only try and she said that so only wanted us to try," I told him firmly.

"I don't like the idea of protecting the boy after the things he has done but for you Natasha I'll try but I guarantee nothing," he said after a moment.

"Thank you dad," I said getting to my feet.

"Does she know anything about where and when Mr. Potter is being moved?" My father asked causing me to face him.

"She has no idea when Harry is being moved. I don't know for sure about location but I would guess he would go with the Weasleys," I said simply as he gave a nod of understanding. I turned to leave the office when my father spoke again.

"Kyle was looking for you by the way," my father mentioned as I walked towards his office door. I paused unable to stop the smirk from spreading across my face.

"I'll go find him," I said softly before walking as calmly as I could out of the office. I ran around the manor looking for Kyle but didn't find him anywhere. I stopped moving pondering where else he could be before I smiled. He wouldn't be in the manor but rather the garden. I turned on my heels rushing out of the house and into the garden. I smirked as he twisted around to face me. I flew into his arms as he held me tightly against him.

"Did you figure out what you needed to know?" He asked as I nodded at him.

"Yes I did," I responded. "I also got some advice from Minerva, she wants me to enjoy my summer and not get consumed by the war we are in the middle of."

"She's right. And I think your father would agree," Kyle said firmly.

"What would you suggest we do then?" I asked him as he smiled at me.

"We could go to a Muggle show somewhere," he said as my smile widened at the idea of going to a concert.

"I'd love to. I haven't heard much Muggle music but I've always wanted to," I said watching his eyes glimmer with excitement. "What type of music do you want to expose me to?"

"I was thinking a country concert but I'd also take you to a pop concert if you would like that instead," he said as I thought about the two types of music. I knew what each type sounded like from my Muggle studies class.

"Pop is good. I don't think I'd like a country concert," I said simply as he nodded.

"Okay I'll look and see who is touring but we most likely will go to Vegas. They tend to have spectacular shows so we could see a lot of different shows if you wanted," Kyle said as I pressed my lips to his gently. Kyle's arms touched my waist as the kiss deepened sending electricity rocketing across my body. I found myself getting lost in his touch as I draped my arms around his neck.

"Natasha," my mother's voice called to me. I sighed as Kyle and I broke apart.

"I'll be right back," I said reluctantly as I walked back towards the house. My mother could see my slightly reddened cheeks as a grin formed on her face.

"Snogging in the garden?" She questioned causing my cheeks to burn a brighter pink.

"I'm not going to answer that," I said my voice tight from embarrassment.

"I don't need you to. Your cheeks already answered the question," she teased as I rolled my eyes.

"You called for me," I reminded her as she nodded.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to help out some of our undercover death eaters at the Ministry. They are looking for interns anyway but I thought you being in the look might help them out," she said as I paused. Did I want to be involved with that so early?

"I'd be glad to but I want to also be able to do some fun things over the summer," I said firmly as she nodded.

"That won't be a problem," she said instantly as I smiled at her.

"In that case I'd love to help in anyway I can," I said firmly causing her to pull me into a quick hug.

"You will most likely be working with Delores Umbridge," my mother said as I froze.

"Is she completely loyal?" I asked as my mom nodded. "Okay but she'll have to be informed who I truly am."

"Of course in fact she's coming over tonight for dinner if you'd like to get to know her and she get to know you," my mom told me. I wasn't looking forward to the dinner but agreed anyway. Maybe she was different among Death eaters.