Ch. 24 Returned

As I breathed in the air Dumbledore and my parents both looked at me as I got to my feet. Everything felt different as I stood in the dark ruins of the orphanage. My eyes were glowing a bright red while a dark energy swirl around me. My mother's mouth dropped as magic ripped through the room. I walked towards my parents calmly when Dumbledore's magic flew at me again but this time the magic hit me without affecting me. I felt nothing as I continued to make my way to my parents. I knew that Dumbledore was using the Cruciatus Curse and yet I felt no pain like I had hours ago. I reached my family facing Dumbledore defiantly without hesitation as he glared at me.

"That's not possible!" Dumbledore snapped at me as I smirked at him. Wasn't possible? Had he heard of Harry Potter before?

"Tell that to Harry," I said simply as my mother grabbed my arm apperating us away before anything else could be said. I knew she took me away without my dad was so he could deal with Dumbledore without worrying about mom and me. We landed in the manor as my magic faded and I staggered against my mother who held me up. The weakness finally hit me as I breathed heavily using my mom for support as the magic had drained me physically in a way it never had before but then again I'd never come back from the dead before.

"Nat," she muttered as I held my throbbing head. The pain seemed to stem from the brutal return of both my life and my powers.

"I'm dizzy," I said as Kyle raced into the room. His arms flew around me pulling me away from my mom as I smiled at him. I pressed my lips to his as fire flowed through me reminding me what I was fighting for each time Dumbledore cursed me.

"Why are you covered in blood?" He asked noticing my appearance for the first time. I glanced at my mother before looking back at Kyle. I didn't want to tell him but knew there wasn't a way to avoid this conversation.

"You are going to lose it," I told him reluctantly as he waited for me to continue. "Not only did he torture me trying to make me submit but when he saw I never would he killed me in front of my parents." I whispered as his green eyes widened at my statement.

"But then how are you here?" He asked as I shrugged.

"I wish I knew," I muttered as he nodded in understanding. Neither of us knew why I was here but I refused to question why I lived. I didn't care why only that I did return to my family.

"What happened when you were with Dumbledore?" my mother questioned as a tear slipped passed my barricade masking my emotions. I stared at my hands gathering my thoughts before speaking. If I had spoke instantly my mother would have seen how broken Dumbledore made me and I couldn't allow her to see me that way.

"He mentioned the Longbottoms while he used the Cruciatus Curse repeatedly before he grew bored of my screams moving onto causing my blood to spill all over the floor," I said reeling back my emotions while my mother gripped my hand tightly as if I may crumble to pieces in front of her. "On top of that Harry watched with sick pleasure as I cried out for him to stop." My mother's eyes filled with guilt as I moved away from Kyle. I shook my head at her wrapping my arms around her. "None of this was your fault mom!" She should know nothing that happened was her fault. She did everything she could for me and for some reason it just wasn't enough.

"I should have gotten to you. I should have protected you better," she said as I frowned at her.

"No. If you had been there I'd be dead," I told her simply. I released her when my father arrived. My lips parted seeing my father had some scrapes on his face from whatever battle occurred between him and Dumbledore. "Dad." I rushed forward as his arms wrapped around me tightly. A calmness spread across the manor as he held me gently in his arms both of us just thinking about each other.

"Are you alright?" He asked as I nodded. I looked into his eyes as he smiled at me.

"Are you alright? You must have had some battle with Dumbledore," I said seconds before his eyes flashed red.

"He mocked your weakness Nat. I couldn't let him get away saying you were weak," my father said as my eyes mirrored my father's.

"Is he at least wounded?" I questioned as he shook his head with a frown on his face. "I'll have to fix that soon."

"And you will as soon as you rest," he said firmly as I sighed. I didn't want to leave them after I just got them back. "Kyle go up with her. Don't leave her side while she rests." My father ordered as Kyle and my father stared at each other. Kyle nodded as I gave in allowing Kyle to lead me from the room.

"We are discussing this at length once I'm awake again," I hollered over my shoulder before grabbing Kyle's hand. I followed Kyle up to my room where I looked at my bloody appearance. "I going to wash up quick."

"I'll be here," he said as I sprinted into the bathroom. I locked the door before heading towards the sink looking into the mirror. I breathed shakily while looking into my dark shattered eyes seeing the agony swirling in my eyes even as I thought of the man waiting for me outside the doors.

"What is wrong with me?" I whispered looking down at the sparks dancing across my skin momentarily. What was happening to my magic and how am I alive?