Ch. 30 Break

I stood in my room looking at my reflection in the mirror making sure I looked presentable for dinner. My hands smoothed the white cotton and lace gown that stopped at my knees. I took a breath calming my nerves before I headed into the formal dining room. I took my place beside my mother who was waiting for Delores to arrive.

"It's alright Nat," my mom said to reassure me.

"I know it's just last time she wasn't a fan of me when I was a Dumbledore," I muttered as my mother took my hand.

"You aren't one so it will be different," my mom said firmly. I allowed her words to calm the nervousness I had been feeling.

"Mistress Bellatrix, She has arrived," a house elf came into the room holding the door open for Umbridge. She grinned at my mother before her eyes fell onto me. Her lips parted slightly clearly knowing I was the dark lord's daughter.

"Hello Bellatrix. Is this your daughter?" She asked my mother as my mother nodded.

"Yes, she is my daughter and just like her father," my mom said as my eyes flashed red and a smile appeared on my lips. I watched Umbridge's eyes glow at the sight.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Umbridge said to me causing a laugh to escape my lips.

"We've already met. I was disguised as a Dumbledore for most of my life," I told her simply. I watched her eyes fill with shock at my statement. "Don't worry, I am completely different than I was as a Dumbledore. I even helped the death eaters break into Hogwarts by mending the vanishing cabinet."

"You mended it?" She asked with excitement. "Only the strongest of wizards can repair a magical cabinet like that." I smirked before setting my wand on the table to show her. "Is that the wand no one could touch?" She gasped as I nodded.

"I felt drawn to the wand and before anyone could stop me I had picked it up," I told her softly.

"Dinner is ready Mistress Bellatrix," the house elf entered the room to inform us.

"Shall we sit?" My mother asked as we all walked over to the table. I sat beside my mother with Umbridge across from me. The food was brought in and we all began to eat. We conversed while eating the fettuccine alfredo.

"So what did you bring me here to discuss? I know this isn't a social visit given the tension within the Ministry at the moment," Umbridge asked with her sickly sweet smile still on her face.

"I wanted to ask you if my daughter would be an asset to you at the Ministry as your new intern. I thought an intern who knows about your task for the Dark Lord may be helpful," my mother said simply. Umbridge looked at her seriously.

"I think she would be a great asset to me. I need help and I won't have to hide so much if she were the intern," Umbridge said with a grin.

"When would you like me to start?" I asked her as she paused to think about her schedule.

"Can you start next week?" She asked as I nodded.

"Yes, I'd love to," I said simply.

"So what is your actual name?" Umbridge asked me as I smiled.

"Natasha," I said as she nodded.

"It suits you better than Ashley did," Umbridge said firmly.

"I agree," I said as my mother winced. I looked at her in concern but she didn't say anything before she apperated away. I glanced at Umbridge who had the same look on her face as I did.

"It's okay Natasha. I'm sure she's fine," Umbridge said as I kept my expression neutral.

"I know I was just wondering what happened," I said getting to my feet. Umbridge got up as well standing beside me.

"Would you like me to stay until your mother returns?" She asked me softly. I looked at her before nodding.

"That would be lovely," I said softly. She smiled as we exited the dining room going into the living room. We both sat down facing each other.

"Miss Riddle," a house elf said coming into the room. I looked up seeing the seriousness in the house elf's eyes.

"Yes," I said as she held out her hand to me.

"I was asked to bring you to your parents," the elf said as I got to my feet. I glanced at Umbridge knowing my leaving is impolite but there wasn't another option. I gave her a small smile before taking the elf's hand. The elf apperated me straight to my parents. When we landed I saw several of our best death eaters injured and my father had a gash on his face.

"Dad," I murmured as my parents whipped around to face me.

"We need your help healing the others," my mother said firmly.

"What happened?" I asked coming closer to my father.

"We were attempting to take out a few order members but they knew we were coming. We managed to take out a few before we had to retreat," my father said as my mother touched his face near the cut. Anger flowed through me but I repressed the feeling and instead I turned towards our injured death eaters using spells to heal them easily. I froze when my eyes found Kyle laying on the ground unconscious. Tears collected in my eyes as I rushed over to him. I crouched down beside him seeing a deep wound on his stomach and a second on his head. I looked at his wounds attempting to heal them but they didn't heal, they couldn't heal. I waved my wand over the wounds frowning as dark magic oozed from the wounds explaining why I couldn't heal them.

"Mom!" I called out as she and my father made there way towards me.

"You brought Kyle," I sobbed as my father's face looked grim. "How bad is it?"

"He has a chance but it's a small one," my father said after a moment. Tears spilled down my cheeks as I stroked Kyle's cheek gently.

"Kyle," I muttered weakly while my parents watched me break in front of them.