Ch. 10 The day of the ball

I stood in my room looking at the overly lavish gown on the bed in front of me. The dark fabric looked beautiful and the black color was perfect. I took a deep breath before pulling the fabric over my body. The lace down the sleeves looked stunning and the rest of the fabric dragged across the floor. There was a slit up the right side that added an appropriate sexy flare for my age. I pulled the black heels with diamond straps around my ankles on. I stood fixing my hair into a slightly messy ponytail leaving my dark hair curly. I put on red lipstick and had smoky eyeshadow. I took one last glance in the mirror before slipping out of my room to my aunt who was waiting patiently for me.

"You look beautiful Natasha," she said as I grinned.

"As do you," I said admiring her emerald green dress. She flashed me as smile leading me into the ballroom.

"Draco will introduce you to some people while I play hostess with Lucius," Cissy said as I nodded at her. She waved Draco over giving his the same information she gave me.

"I want you to hang with my friends," Draco dragged me over to Pansy instantly.

"Hey Pansy," I said as her eyes widened knowing exactly who my parents were.

"Hi," she said in shock as Draco held back a laugh at her stunned look.

"Natasha is still adjusting to the pureblood lifestyle so be nice," Draco said once pulling himself together. I gave Draco a shove as Pansy glared at Dray.

"How do you deal with him Pans?!" I asked as Draco pouted at me. I fooled my eyes at him as Pansy dragged me away from Draco without answering. I stuck my tongue out at Draco before Pansy and I left the room hanging out in the courtyard.

"So what's it like being found?" She asked me as I faced her calmly.

"Strange but good. Deep down I think something knew the truth. I never felt like I belonged anywhere," I said as Pansy nodded.

"Has your mother taught you anything good yet?" She asked causing me to smirk.

"She will soon," I said simply making Pansy whined with jealousy.

"I wish she would teach me," she murmured as I laughed.

"I'll ask her if she'd be willing to help you too if you'd like," I said to her. I watched her eyes light up at the thought of Bellatrix Lestrange teaching her. Any other student might have been terrified but Pansy was anything but. I walked through the garden with Pansy talking about various things.

"How strong are you?" She asked as I looked over at her.

"Very," I muttered simply freezing mid step when my eyes landed on a tabby cat lurking in the shadows. "Pansy go inside for a moment. I need a second." I told her. She gave me a skeptical look but rushed inside anyway. I needed to hear Mcgonagall's side. "I won't stay for long!" I snapped making Mcgonagall transform.

"Ashley," she whispered reaching for me. I stepped back away from her keeping a safe distance away to prevent Mcgonagall from apperating us anywhere. "Are you okay?" My eyes widened as I looked at her.

"Better than fine. I'm the person I was born to be," I said firmly my eyes flashing red.

"I promise I thought we were helping you not hurting you Ash," she said as I stiffened at her constant use of the name Dumbledore picked for me.

"It's Natasha!" I said irritation dripping off my words.

"I'm sorry but I called you Ashley for so long it's become a habit," she said with sincerity in her jade eyes.

"Did you ever love me?" I asked as she looked at me. I saw tears pooling in her eyes at my question.

"More than anything Ash... Natasha," she said as I walked towards her. I reached forward grabbing her hand. I gave into the love I still felt for her seconds before her arms wrapped around me.

"Why did he allow me at Hogwarts?" I asked softly as she stiffened.

"I wouldn't let him prevent you from going anymore," she said stroking my cheek. "You are so strong Natasha and I couldn't help but feel proud to call you my daughter even if it was only for a short period," Mcgonagall said as I tried pulling her towards the house.

"My family would want to hear from you," I said but she shook her head.

"Why would they want me in the house alive?" She questioned me but I kept a firm grip. We entered the house as Cissy and Lucius' eyes widened. In an instant Cissy was in front of us.

"Mother needs to hear from her but nicely," I muttered as Cissy stared at me a moment before apperating the three of us to my room.

"I'll be back after I take Bella's wand," my aunt said leaving me with Mcgonagall. I sat on my bed while I looked at Mcgonagall. She gave me a small nervous smile while we waited for my mother to come. A few moments longer and my mother burst into the room worry in her dark eyes that quickly faded to anger at the sight of Mcgonagall. I jumped to my feet instantly putting myself between my mom and Mcgonagall.

"Why is that woman in this house?!" She said struggling against my hold.

"Mom please stop fighting," I pleaded while Mcgonagall watched with conflicting emotions in her eyes. I knew Mcgonagall wasn't sure if staying would help me calm her or make matters worse. "Mommy!" My mother's eyes locked onto me at the use of mommy. She took a deep breath as she stopped pulling against me. "I promise you Mcgonagall just came to make sure I was alright. She wanted to make sure I was happy and loved here. She is the reason I was reunited with you."

"But how?" She questioned in confusion.

"Mcgonagall made Dumbledore send me to school," I muttered softly. My mother glanced at Mcgonagall who hadn't made one move to leave yet. "I asked her to meet you and she came willingly into the house."

"I may not completely trust you but for the sake of my daughter I'll give you a chance," my mom sighed as I gave my mom a smile. I wrapped my arms around my mom whispering thank you to her over and over.

"I should get back to Hogwarts before Dumbledore realizes where I went. I'll keep you posted if anything important comes up putting you at risk Natasha," Mcgonagall said after a few moments. I pulled away from my mother giving Mcgonagall a tight hug before she apperated away.