Ch. 27 Emotions

My mother grinned watching Dumbledore's body drop. I didn't look and instead followed my mother around the halls of Hogwarts. She raced through the halls with a smirk on her face. While she ran the other death eaters flanked me on both sides as I walked a few feet behind her. Several of the students screamed in fear but the thing is my mother hadn't hurt a single student as she wandered the halls. She would never hurt someone without just cause. She was kind no matter what Dumbledore wanted everyone to think.

"Traitor!" Harry's voice rang out over the chaos. I turned towards him while several of the other death eaters stayed with me, protecting me. My mother had just exited the school when I decided to respond to Harry.

"You watch as Dumbledore tortured me before he took me to my parents. Did he tell you what happened?" I asked Harry calmly. "He killed me in front of my parents but not because they fought against him but because he wanted them to hurt more than death could bring." I said my voice raising with each word. My anger filled my voice as I continued to look at Harry who had hatred on his features.

"You look alive to me," Harry snapped as I took a step towards him my face neutral without a hint of the anger I felt.

"So do you Harry Potter," I retorted as he grew quiet. "I think we're done here." I said coldly turning around. I exited the school not expecting Harry to follow but he did. He sent a spell at Snape which I deflected knocking Harry onto the ground. Snape looked at me surprised by my actions. He hadn't expected me to know how to block a spell of the magnitude Harry had used.

"How could you? He trusted you and you murdered him," Harry cried out in rage. I walked towards my mother while Snape continued to converse with Harry about which spell he had used. She snaked her arm around my waist turning to look at Snape. The other death eaters had apperated away leaving my mother and I as the only ones who stayed to back Snape up if need be.

"I am the Half Blood prince," Snape said with his eyes sparkling before he too apperated away, my mother and I close behind him. We landed in the manor where Kyle stood waiting for us. My mother dropped her arm as I walked into Kyle's arms. He held me against him tightly knowing the emotions that I was probably feeling. I knew Kyle wouldn't check to see if his assumption was correct because he honored my privacy.

"Are you okay?" He whispered which I gave a small nod in response. I slipped out of him arms keeping my face neutral. My mom watched us interacting as if trying to see how deep our bond went.

"We'll talk later," I whispered facing my mother. "Now that he's gone does dad have a plan for Hogwarts?"

"Snape is to be headmaster and we will go from there," she said with a smirk. "I need to inform your father about the mission. I'll be back in a few moments." My mother turned heading towards my father's study.

"Nat, are you really okay?" Kyle asked seconds before tears slipped down my cheeks.

"No. He's gone," I choked out as Kyle rushed to pull me into his arms. He scooped me up cradling me in his arms while I sobbed. Kyle carried me quickly but gently to my room. He placed me on the bed stroking my head trying to soothe me but nothing would work, he couldn't take this pain I felt. The pain of betrayal and loss mixed together inside me doubling the emotional agony I was feeling.

"I know you loved him but he would never stop," Kyle whispered crawling into the bed beside me. He spooned me close to his body allowing me to cry and cry while he just held me.

"Why couldn't he love me?" I said through my ragged breathing. "I loved him." Kyle didn't respond but the thing was he didn't need to. He knew I just needed to get the emotions out so I could move on. I wasn't sure how long I had cried but I found myself calming but also found myself slipping into unconsciousness.

"Ashley!" Dumbledore yelled as I turned towards him instantly.

"Yes father?" I asked as he grabbed my wrist tightly. I winced at the tightness but assumed he didn't mean to squeeze so tightly as he pulled me up to his office. Once in his office he drew his wand. Confusion flashed through my blue eyes as I noticed Igor Karkaroff standing there with a vicious smile. "What's happened?" I questioned seconds before the Cruciatus curse hit me full for from both headmasters. Pain filled my body as searing hot agony spread across my body. I collapsed on the floor screaming for relief but the spell only grew more intense in response. Just when I thought death would save me the spell stopped followed by Dumbledore erasing my memory of what had occurred in his office without a hint of remorse.

I jolted awake from the dream I had. Deep down I knew that what I saw when I was asleep wasn't a dream but I pushed it from my mind unwilling to think about the recently unlocked memory. I looked around the room my eyes landing on Kyle which brought a slight smile to my face despite the reality of the memory I got. Kyle was sleeping beside me with a peaceful look on his face. I decided to watch him sleep for a few more moments before I used my magic to get out of bed without disturbing him. I loved Kyle and I wasn't afraid to admit that anymore. He would do anything to make sure I was okay just as I would die for him. I hoped neither of us would ever have to find out how far we would go to protect each other.