Ch. 37 Wedding Chaos

In seconds the screams started. I stood beside Kyle lazily as my family started to arrive. My eyes found my mother in all the chaos with a smile on her face as she easily deflected the spells sent her way. I couldn't help but smirk at her as she waltzed through the chaos with ease. Red and green flashes flew through the air, some hitting their targets and so missed completely. Kyle gripped my hand tugging me closer to him. I could feel his anxiety coming off him in waves.

"Stay close. Now that it's started you are going to be the main target," Kyle said as I laughed at him. I wasn't scared of getting hurt, the only thing I fear was losing the people I loved the most. I feared the loneliness that would come with being the only one left.

"I am the girl who lived, I'm not scared," I said firmly not explaining my fears to Kyle. I didn't want to add to the fears he had.

"Okay that's great and all but you need to be careful. You may have lived but you may not the next time," Kyle said as I sighed. I knew his statement was accurate but I couldn't bring myself to think of my own safety and instead kept a look out for spells flying towards Kyle.

"I'm more worried about you than me," I said softly before casting Protego stopping a spell that had been hurtling towards Kyle'S back. "Who needs to be careful?" I teased trying to lighten the mood as he smiled weakly at my comment knowing what I had been trying to do. I cast a few Stupefies lazily towards people passing by while we stood to the side watching the battle between my family and those I used to call family.

"There she is," I heard Molly say over the fighting. My eyes scanned the surrounding area only to see Molly making her way towards me with at least ten of the best fighters present at the wedding. She smiled sending a spell my way which I deflected into a member of the order knocking them to the ground. As I took count again I knew we were outnumbered and probably wouldn't win if we fought them. I thought about our next move before I spoke to Kyle.

"Um, run," I said as Kyle took one glance where I had and gripped my hand sprinting away with me close behind him. I could hear Molly and her team getting closer and closer to me making me frown. I needed some separation between us if we were going to apperate without being followed. A streak of red raced over our heads missing by inches. In an instant I dropped Kyle's hand whipping around to face her sending a strong spell towards the ground before them. The ground blew up sending them tumbling down to what was left of the grass. Kyle took my hand apperating us away but not before I sent them a victorious smirk. We landed in the manor which was silent from the lack of people. Most if not everyone was back at the wedding still locked in battle with the order. I hadn't wanted to leave but I couldn't continue to keep Kyle in the line of fire seeing as I was a main target and he was my weakness.

"Are you hurt?" He asked as I shook my head.

"No but did you see my clever use of Bombarda Maxima?" I asked him. He nodded at me after his eyes finished checking me over for injuries.

"That was rather brilliant. One spell and there was separation enough to apperate without being followed," Kyle said as I grinned. I pressed my lips to his gently as he wrapped his arms around me in reaction. He pulled me closer to him as warmth spread through my body.

"I love you," I whispered against his lips with a smile.

"Marry me," he said abruptly causing me to take a step back staring at him without a smile as the moment went from relaxed to serious.

"What?" I said as he smiled at me.

"I love you Natasha so much. I can't imagine being with another person so I want to marry you," he said firmly and I could see exactly how serious he was. He hadn't asked me on a whim, he thought about it and really wanted me to marry him. Tears dripped down my cheeks as a love like nothing I felt before filled my entire being. I stared into his green eyes as I tried to form a sentence through my emotional tears.

"Yes, I will marry you!" I said firmly as he grabbed me pressing his lips to mine once more but this time the kiss was filled with an intense passion saying everything we felt about each other with this one kiss. After a few moments more we broke the kiss both of us breathless and staring at each other. Kyle waved his wand over a piece of paper to form a stunning engagement ring for me. The ring had a 3 carat marquise diamond in the middle with two small emeralds on each side all resting on a white gold band. I smiled brightly at Kyle as he slipped the ring onto my finger. "It's beautiful." I didn't care he had transfigured the ring and instead loved how much his imagination designed the ring specifically for me.

"I thought you'd like something with thought rather than something chosen from a store," he said as I threw my arms around him tightly. The silence around us broke with the sound of clapping. I spun to find my parents watching us. My mother smirked at us knowing this was where the relationship would lead and my father only motioned for Kyle to follow him to his study. My mother rushed forward taking my hand to inspect the ring as my father and Kyle left the room.

"Is he going to scare him off?" I asked my mom who rolled her eyes.

"More like warn him he's dead if you get so much as a tiny scratch," my mom said causing me to scoff.

"What does he think I am, a car?" I questioned causing her to laugh.

"No just something he'd give his life for," she said simply as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I've never been happier," I whispered to her as her hold on me tightened.

As she held me in her arms she said, "We love you so much Natasha!"