Ch. 4 The Following Weeks

I spent the next few days avoiding both my father and Harry. During that time I spent most of my free time hanging out with Draco and his friends. Surprisingly none of them had a problem with my presence. Most of Gryffindor glared at me but the Slytherins were friendly.

"Dray," I called as his gaze shifted from his homework to me. "I'm confused. I don't understand this potions question." He took my paper from me looking at the question before sighing.

"You forgot an ingredient," he said as I took the paper back.

"Duh," I said scribbling the last answer down.

"Ashley, have you talked to your father yet?" Draco asked as I shook my head.

"Why do you ask?" I said as he pointed behind me. I turned to find my father walking towards us. I groaned shoving my books in my bag. My father approached me as I gave him an irritated look.

"Ashley, please come to my office," my father said as I crossed my arms.

"I have nothing to say to you," I snapped angrily.

"Please let me explain," he said as I caved following him all the way to his office. I hadn't forgiven him but I wanted to get this conversation over with.

"So explain!" I snapped as he stood in front of me.

"I think that Harry misunderstood what I was asking him. I asked him to watch you as you watch him and he must have assumed I meant he had to date you. That was never my intention," he said. My gut told me that was a lie but my heart longed to believe my father.

"Okay but father please stop meddling in my life. It doesn't end well for either of us," I said as he nodded. His arms wrapped around me gently.

"I love you," he said as I smiled at him.

"I love you too," I said before I left his office. Instead of finding Draco like I had been I went to my dorm. I flopped onto the bed allowing myself to relax. I ignored the Gryffindor glares as I shut my eyes. I didn't plan on falling asleep yet I did.

"Natasha," a man's voice called into the darkness. My eyes landed on Tom Riddle as he smiled at me. "There you are Nat."

"My name is Ashley," I said but he didn't seem to hear me as he pulled me into his arms. It was a horrifying sight to see Voldemort smiling happily at someone.

"Your mother will be back soon my love," he said rocking me in his arms. "I promise I will give you everything I can. You will fear nothing my little death eater."

"Why do you keep talking like you care about a Dumbledore?" I questioned but once again I didn't get an answer.

I jolted awake sweat dripping across my skin. I got to my feet rushing into the bathroom. I froze at my appearance in the mirror, one of my eyes was brown! I touched just below my eye as I frowned. Eyes don't just change color. I shut my eyes taking a breath to clear my mind and when my eyes opened again they were both blue. Were they ever brown? I felt crazy but I was so sure about what I saw. Once I calmed my panic I left the room getting dressed for the day. Harry was competing today and even though I hadn't forgiven him I still vowed to help him. He needed Gillyweed and I was going to get it to him. I tracked down Mr. Longbottom handing him the Gillyweed to give to Harry. Once I had given Neville the Gillyweed I made my way to the stands to watch. Like I planned Harry made it through the tournament with ease getting second place. After Harry dried off he made his way toward me. Neville must have explained where the Gillyweed came from.

"Ashley," he called as I faced him reluctantly.

"Yes Harry?" I asked tightly.

"Thanks for the help. I hadn't figured out a good way to breathe underwater," he said as I gave him a weak smile.

"No problem," I said before turning on me heels heading back into the castle.
(Final Task)
I stood in my room waving my wand to allow me to see everywhere Harry went in case he needed my help during the final task. I sat in the stands beside my father as the contestants raced into the dangerous maze. I smiled at Harry's noble nature as he and Diggory grabbed the cup at the same time. I gasped as they landed in a graveyard. I saw Diggory drop dead before my spell snapped causing me to wince.

"Father, Harry is no longer in the maze and Diggory is dead," I said strangely calm. My father's eyes filled with concern but he said nothing as we waited for him to return. An hour later Harry landed in the field with Diggory's body. He sobbed over his dead friend while I rushed over to him. Moody got to Harry first leading him away from the crowd. I stayed hot on their heels entering Moody's office. I leaned against the wall listening as Moody questioned Harry.

"Do you know where she is Harry? The dark lord's daughter?" Moody asked as my breath hitched.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Harry said as Moody whipped out his wand.

"Where is Natasha?!" He demanded seconds before my father burst into the room nailing Moody with a spell. I zoned out as the questioned the fake Moody, my mind to preoccupied by the thought of Natasha. Maybe my dream wasn't a dream but a vision warning me he had a daughter out there somewhere.