Ch. 26 The Way To Move

After a few more moments in the garden thinking about everything with Kyle I went back inside with Kyle behind me. I had pulled myself together completely, my emotions hidden and buried once more. I knew the Hogwarts plan needed to move faster than it was. The only way meant ignoring the care I had for Dumbledore and I knew I needed to be the one to help kill him even if I loved him still because he won't stop and he will take everything I love from me if I didn't.

"Mother," I called to her as she walked through the halls quickly. She turned facing me instantly. "I'm going to Hogwarts." She frowned at my comment. "You know as well as I that Draco can't finish the task without me." I wanted complete control of my life again and that couldn't happen until Dumbledore was gone.

"You heard your father, no going to Hogwarts," I looked at her in slight confusion until I realized my father probably told her that he said I couldn't go.

"Please. I can't just stay here and wait. You saw how little his magic could harm me after I came back," I said as pain filled her eyes.

"Yeah and while that's great you are forgetting the fact that he killed you Nat!" My mother said firmly as I walked towards her. I called my wand to me making my mom jump and the level of magic that rushed through me with one touch of my wand.

"I'm stronger now," I told her as she stared at me. "Please trust me."

"I trust you always love but I'm scared," she said as I wrapped my arms around her gently.

"I can do this in a matter of seconds," I whispered as she looked at me with soft eyes.

"Alright but we are doing this tonight," she said as I nodded. I apperated to Hogsmeade before using the secret tunnel in Honeydukes to go onto the grounds of Hogwarts. Once on the grounds I sprinted into the building. Eyes watched me with confusion but no one stopped me as I ran to the Room of requirement. I entered the room to find Dray still working on the cabinet but I could see the defeat on his face.

"Giving up?" I asked as he faced me with wide eyes. I gave him my mother's signature smirk while his surprised face morphed into a massive grin before he tackled me in a tight hug.

"I'm glad you're here Nattie," Draco said as I smiled aiming my wand at the cabinet. I said no words but watched as the cabinet mended.

"They are coming tonight," I told him softly. "Tell your friends to stay in the common room so they don't get caught in the crossfire."

"I'll be back in ten minutes," he said before running out of the room. I found a random chair sitting in front of the cabinet waiting patiently for the death eaters to arrive. I waved my outfit to something darker. The black fabric of my dress fell elegantly to the floor giving off a sweetly edge vibe. I smiled as the death eaters stepped through the cabinet. The last to step through was my mother.

"Natasha," she smiled as I got up.

"Where's Kyle?" I questioned as her smile grew.

"Your father decided not to send him. You care for him don't you?" She said as my cheeks flushed.

"Yes I do," I said softly as Greyback looked around the room. I stepped slightly closer to my mother, I was never a fan of the werewolf but tolerated him because he was loyal to my dad. My mother sensing my discomfort wrapped her arm around my waist.

"Where is he?" My mother asked referring to Dumbledore.

"I think astronomy tower. He goes there a lot," I said simply.

"Nat, you don't have to watch," my mother said pulling me aside.

"I'm fine mother," I said as she sighed.

"I just worry," she said softly as I smiled at her.

"Never stop," I told her before rejoining the other death eaters. We walked up to the tower where Dumbledore stood waiting for us. His smile grew when his eyes landed on me. I shifted as his gaze lingered on me. My mother stood slightly in front of me protectively.

"Hello Bellatrix, I see you brought Ashley," he said pushing on her weak spot. My hand grabbed hers instantly in an effort to prevent her blowup.

"Her name is Natasha!" She said through gritted teeth.

"Let him call me what he wishes, he'll be dead either way might as well let him die how he wishes," I said my voice cold and detached.

"You won't hurt me," Dumbledore said as I rolled my eyes masking how much I felt about Dumbledore. I didn't think I'd push came to shove that I'd be able to kill him. He killed me but that didn't mean I had to be a monster too.

"Don't you dare speak to her!" My mother roared in anger. I winced at the rage in her voice as she spoke.

"It's not like you can protect her," Dumbledore said as my own temper flared. My dark magic swirled begging me to unleash it but instead I stepped forward toward Dumbledore.

"At least she didn't try to kill me as you tried to," I said simply coming to a stop in front of Dumbledore. I wasn't sure what possessed me to move closer to him but I had found myself about a foot away from him.

"You are lost to the darkness and you were the day you were born. Not even I could save you!" He spat as I glared at him to hide the tears threatening to spill down my cheeks.

"I loved you but it's clear you didn't love me," I muttered before turning my back on him. I walked over to my mother nodding once as if to signal her to finish this. I didn't look back but I saw the flash fly of Snape's wand. I knew Dumbledore couldn't hurt me anymore but I felt numb to my feelings. I felt nothing, no joy, no pain, nothing.