Ch. 25 Loved

After I had washed all the dried blood off my body I put on pajamas before heading out of the bathroom and flopping on my bed. Kyle found a chair sitting down causing me to laugh.

"Just get on the bed," I told him with a smirk.

"No," he said as I giggled.

"Come on. It's not like my father will yell at you," I told him as he looked over at me. "It would make me feel better if you would lay next to me."

"Fine but if I am dead tomorrow I'll haunt you," he said climbing onto the mattress beside me. I lay my head on his chest while Kyle's arms wrapped around my waist gently. I allowed his presence to send warmth across my body before I slipped into a dreamless sleep.

I woke the next day to Kyle looking at me lovingly while I slept. His smile grew when he saw me awake. I leaned up pressing my lips to his gently before I climbed out of bed. I grabbed a silk golden dress walking into the bathroom to change. I pulled the fabric over my body smiling at the dress which dragged across the floor when I moved. I exited the bathroom where Kyle was waiting for me.

"Is my father here?" I asked as he nodded.

"He looked in your room about five minutes before you woke," Kyle said as I nodded before rushing out of my room and to my father's study. I knocked on the door and he used his magic to open the door. I stepped into the room as his eyes stared at me. I sat on a chair in front of his desk before deciding to speak.

"I met your mother," I said simply as his jaw dropped. He entered my mind as if to verify what I said and when he saw her he exited my head. "She was nice."

"Indeed though I hardly knew here and I don't remember her," he responded as I nodded. "Can you talk more about what happened with Dumbledore? I heard somethings from your mother but I want to hear from you."

"I don't really want to talk about it but I'd like to return to school to finish the cabinet myself so we can get the rest of you into Hogwarts," I said after a moment. I didn't want to think about what happened and if I returned to Hogwarts I wouldn't have to think about it at all. I would have something else to focus on.

"I don't think returning is a good idea," my father said as I sighed. I knew logically he was right but I also knew how much I wanted to show Dumbledore how little he bothered me ever after he tried to kill me.

"Please," I whispered but I could see my father wasn't budging on that. "Fine." I got up abruptly turning on my heels and leaving his office. I quickly located Kyle plastering a smile on my face despite the irritation swirling beneath the surface. "Hey."

"Hi," he said to me as I stopped in front of him.

"I need a distraction," I told him as he raised an eyebrow at my comment.

"Maybe you could move your wand out of the garden. You dropped it when you were taken and no one can move the wand safely," he said as I grabbed his hand leading him into the garden. I didn't really find this to be an adequate distraction but he was right, I needed my wand regardless. I held out my hand watching as it flew into my hand instantly. Kyle flinched as the power from the wand magnified my own. "Your eyes..."

"What?" I asked as he took a small step back.

"They were solid black for a second," he said as I frowned.

"Are they back to normal now?" I asked as he nodded talking a step closer to me again. "Do I scare you?" I asked my voice trembling slightly.

"No I just wanted to be cautious since the wand kills people who touch it," he said as I put the wand away using my magic to put the wand in my room. I pulled Kyle closer allowing our lips to touch briefly as he smiled at me. "I'm glad you're back. I thought for sure I had lost you Nat."

"Never. Not even death could tear me from you believe me," I said firmly.

"I hadn't realized how much I had grown attached to you until you were ripped away from me. You may not believe this but I felt the moment he killed you. I felt extreme pain and loneliness for a brief second before you returned," Kyle said as my lips parted slightly.

"You don't think we formed a magical bond already do you?" I asked as he pondered my question.

"It's possible and given my experience very likely though I haven't heard of bonds being forged so quickly," Kyle said to me softly.

"Can you feel my emotions?" I asked him as he looked at me with a smirk.

"I haven't tried but if you'll let me I'd like to try," Kyle said as I nodded. Kyle smiled at me before his smile faded. "Your sad, so sad that I can't bare to feel your pain. You loved Dumbledore even now though you deny how much. He was the man you thought of as father for most of your life and severing that kind of bond hurts." I stared at the ground while Kyle spoke breaking through the wall I had built between my mind and my emotions.

"I don't want to love him," I whispered after a moment before I looked up at Kyle with tears pooled in my eyes.

"It's not as simple as want," Kyle said reaching up to run his thumb across my cheek in an effort to help ease the pain. "Only time can heal the wounds Dumbledore caused and distance can shatter the bond you had." He was right but I also knew I may not have the time to wait for the bond to break before I'd have to fight him. I hated the fact that I still cared about Dumbledore even after everything he did to me. I knew he wasn't a father to me anymore but somehow I still cared about him. I didn't want to care.