0.38

Your POV

Jake embraces a older lady.
"Hey ma." He kisses her temple. They pull away and his mom strokes his face. She looks and sees me.
"Hi! You must be y/n!" She embraces me into a hug.
"Hi nice to meet you." I smile. She looks at me.
"You're so pretty!" His mom awes and I laugh.
"Thank you." I blush. His mom hugs everyone else and points out how cute everyone is, which is funny. We get into the car and Jake sits in the passenger seat so he can tell his mom to go to the mall. I sit next to Dk and he was on his phone texting. I look over sneakily and see he was texting his ex. I quickly look away and put my headphones in. My phone dings and I see jake💛 pop up. I look up and he looks at me smiling. I smile back and look at the text.

I message games? ;)

sure loser

He shakes his head and we play cup pong.
"You suck." He says out loud.
"Huh?" Dk said. I laugh.
"We're playing cup pong." I said. Charlie looks at me and gasps.
"Um you didn't ask to play crazy 8's you losers?" Charlie shakes his head in disbelief. Daytona and Dk say "yes!" And the same time and I laugh.
"After this game." Jake said. We finish our game and of course, I won. We then made a group chat to play the game.

Dk has changed the chat name to Losers

Dk : ready to get your butt whooped
Jake : Yeah right you all are going down
Daytona : bEt
You : bet 😈
Charlie : 😈

We play a couple of rounds of crazy 8's. The car filled up with cursing, groaning and yelling.
"It's just a game." Jake's mom said.
"I love you mama but this is more than a game." Dk said, causing her to laugh.
"Okay, well we're almost here." She said, getting off the exit to the mall. We all get off our phones and get ready for the mall. His mom parks and we all get out. Jake's mom called my name and told me to wait for her so I did as the rest proceeded to go into the mall.
"You're a good girl for my son." She interlocks arms with me and we start walking toward the door.
"Thank you." I blush. She smiles.
"I'm not just saying that because he shows interest in you, I'm saying that because he's genuinely happy with you. After his ex I haven't seen him genuinely happy. Until he met you." She tears up. So do I.
"Aw, I'm happy I make your son happy. He's my world." I wipe a tear. She smiles.
"And you are his." She said. We walk in and Jake looks at us with big eyes.
"Are you guys okay?!" He protectively asks. His mom nods for us.
"Just girl talk." She said. Wow, I love his mom already. We walk around and browse through stores. Daytona and I went into forever 21 and Charlie, Jake, Dk and his mom went into h&m.
"Okay, so I have to find a presentable outfit for dinner tonight."
"Okay, cute but presentable." Daytona repeats. We walk towards the dress section and my eyes get drawn to this one dress. I pick it up and show Daytona.
"That's stunning!" She gasps. "Go try it on!" I smile and head to the dressing room and but on the dress. I look at myself and I stare in awe. It was beautiful. It wrapped around my figure so nicely.

"That's the one

"That's the one." Daytona smiles. I smile as well, thinking the same thing and we head off. We pay for our things and look for the others.
"Hey!" We heads behind us. We turn around and see a guy around our age run over and his cheeks were flushed.
"Hi?" I question.
"Well um, my friends dared me to get your number and so um yeah.." he blushed even harder and I laugh.
"Well it's your lucky day!" I said and his green eyes light up.
"Wow, um okay!" He excitedly said. He pulls out his phone and I change number with him.
"Y/n... pretty name." He smiles. I smile back.
"Wren... cute name." I said causing him to blush.
"Bye y/n. Talk to you later?"
"Definitely. Bye wren!" He waves and goes back to his friend group. Daytona winks at me. But then frowns.
"What?" I ask. She points and I follow her finger to see Jake and everyone come towards us, laughing. "Shit." I said. I run off to the bathroom.
"Y/n!" I hear Jake but I head to the bathroom. I go inside and immediately text wren.
(You are italic, Wren is bold)

Hey, I am talking to someone but I would definitely hang out with you sometime!

Definitely! I respect that. See you soon maybe?

Sure :)

I sigh in relief and head back to We're we all met up.
"Are you okay?" Jake asks. I nod.
"Just had to use the bathroom." I smile, lying to him. He nods and we head back to the car.
"What did you get?" Jake asks. I smile and shake my head.
"Not showing until dinner." I said. He pouts and turns back around, looking out the passenger window. We drive to his moms house and might I say that her house was stunning. I look at it in awe.
"Ready?" His mom excitedly said. I smile and we all get out and head inside.
"I'm going to get ready." I smile. Jake smiles and I head to the bathroom that his mom pointed out for me and change. I smooth my dress down and walk out. Everyone's eyes were on me. Jake's mouth hung open a little bit. I blush.
"Ready?"
"Ready."
•••^